Anyone doing 'Planet of the Apes'?

i noticed quite a few posts about poa astronaut costume,and making repos of it. I know in film they look white ,but arent . actually there a silver grey colored. i own stewarts costume ,plus taylors,dodge and landons pants from original. The boots are boxing shoes customized ,with zipper on front ,painted grey .

Gday.
Great to see your Ursus costume, helmet is fantastic. I couldn't get that perfect shape to mine as you did. You may have answered this somewhere before but can I ask, how and what is your helmet made out of ?
I love walking around as Ursus at conventions.
Cheers.

Hi
I'm just going through some old post on Planet of the Apes and see that you are to make the ape's machine gun.
I want to do the same but don't know where to start. Did you get to make one and do you have any photos ?
Would like some help on this if you can, any advice would be helpful.
Thanks,
Alf.

One of my all-time favorite costumes is the one created for General Ursus in Beneath The Planet Of The Ape (not to be confused with General Urko's costume from the TV series). At one point the complete Ursus costume was available for rent from WC, but it disappeared soon enough. To date no one has succeeded in replicating that brilliantly imaginative bit of wardrobe.

Hmmmm... http://apemania.com/DISPLAYS/MANNEQUINS/Ursus.htm
URSUS_2008thb.gif

Wow, a blast from the past.

Awesome Ursus! The body type may be a little long-&-thick-through-the-legs relative to the narrow waisted & barrell-chested James Gregory, but that's a minor quibble.

Since my original post of some years back I've had the opportunity to examine and photograph the original costume (I'm assuming you gained access to it as well). Your costume replication itself is the finest I've seen for this subject -- the Hot Toys action figure notwithstanding.

Kudos to Apemania! You guys do amazing work! Get cracking on Zaius' campaign outfit from "Beneath!" (-:

LOL! Low angle photos always tweak perspective, Commander Dyle!

Yes, we have also had the opportunity to view (and own) some of the original Ursus wardrobe parts over the years. As a matter of fact, when you viewed it with it's current owner, you saw our replica gauntlet gloves on it and a replica collar yoke (created by a fellow from Arizona I believe). Those two original Ursus wardrobe parts are still MIA in the collector's world.

As for our replica mannequin, our client wanted an impressive display so this mannequin is on a 6'2" form, surely dwarfing the illustrious Mr. Gregory!

URSUS_0079.gifURSUS40.gif

LOL! Low angle photos always tweak perspective, Commander Dyle!

Yeah, it's more than just the perspective... but like I said, MINOR quibble! No doubt your client was overjoyed by the stunning recreation. Just magnificent work.

I think the thunder thighs leaped out at me because, on film, Haack's designs were so effective in helping to create the illusion of an Ape-like physique.

Kurt is your uniform the Apemania version?

I am working to put together a Gorilla cosplay and have gotten the information from Brian to order from him.

Thanks.

Bringing this thread to 2016. Yes I am going through Apemania and will costume as Cornelius from 1968 Planet of the Apes. I am working with Brian to get it right. Also a talented member of RPF to help make the costume parts.

Where's the place to go for prosthetics? Preferably accurate chimp face kits...

I couldn't find anything on apemania... Everything but!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back