Karline-2000 @ ebay ; Does anybody have info

Darth Clouds

Hi fellow prop collectors:thumbsup,

Please read this thread below, this ebay seller from the UK has scammed quite a lot of people with the same method, we are trying to take action against him, but need to start gathering info for the authorised to get him. He is leaving ebay and claim to have sold his imperial guard lid mould. But to prevent him in using another ebay name and cheat the general public in future.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23690

Peace

Update list of customers who have not received the item paid for.

1. Jason K* (details sent)
2. nogga nootch (details already sent to Lord Abbadon?)
3. Darth Clouds (details sent)
4. Masterji*2*0* - ebay id (claims to have all e-mail correspondance as evidence since yr2006 until now, details sent)
5. CsMaclaren (details sent)

Last edited:
Okay, I read the Dented Helmet thread and I have to put in here. I ordered and recieved one of Karline's Stormtrooper helmets a year ago and it came in quick time, great condition, well packed. His name is *not* "Bentley O'Toole" but Rob (I forget his last name), he's in the UK and not Australia, and he's had that Karline tag for quite some time as I've watched his auctions.

If you check his feedback it was perfect up until a short time ago. I too saw his "last ones" sales and emailed him and he said that a local postal worker was ripping him off and selling his stuff on the side. He's been so messed up about it he's filed a complaint and is trying to work out legal action. He's selling his molds at this point (and has a buyer) because of it all.

To my knowledge he isn't a scammer nor rip-off artist and has honestly been himself screwed over. I think you guys might need to take another big look at the larger picture. He's got 1,833 positive feedback, the negatives and problems only started in December, prior to that there is no negative feedback, and even during the past two months he was still getting positive feedback amongst the problems. That's a pretty big clue that something else was going on, I've never known a scammer to just suddenly start and be random about his scamming.

If your having trouble contacting him, go through eBay, be polite, say that maybe you were wrong and would like to know how if possible you could get your money back. Try not assuming the worse about the guy and working with him instead. Not saying you haven't, but looking at the DH thread it seems like a confused "hit thread" and not even always about the right guy.

Just an IMO and trying to help. Good luck, it's a sad thing when a supplier gets screwed and the customers too. Hopefully he can repay everyone what he can.

Last edited:
I bought some stuff from him about 18 months ago it arrived promptly and in good condition and the quality of the work was good.
Its worth considering the postal worker story too especially as these things seem to have happened leading up to the holidays a time of year the postal service over here tends to hire a lot of tempory workers and they aren't to dilligant with doing police checks either.
The whole lack of communication thing is a worry though, maybe the guys mega stressed and financially stretched at the moment with all the losses and replacements and refunds having to be sent.
Hope it gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.

And yeah my names Gary and i'm from the UK but it's not me :lol

Okay, I read the Dented Helmet thread and I have to put in here. I ordered and recieved one of Karline's Stormtrooper helmets a year ago and it came in quick time, great condition, well packed. His name is *not* "Bentley O'Toole" but Rob (I forget his last name), he's in the UK and not Australia, and he's had that Karline tag for quite some time as I've watched his auctions.

If you check his feedback it was perfect up until a short time ago. I too saw his "last ones" sales and emailed him and he said that a local postal worker was ripping him off and selling his stuff on the side. He's been so messed up about it he's filed a complaint and is trying to work out legal action. He's selling his molds at this point (and has a buyer) because of it all.

To my knowledge he isn't a scammer nor rip-off artist and has honestly been himself screwed over. I think you guys might need to take another big look at the larger picture. He's got 1,833 positive feedback, the negatives and problems only started in December, prior to that there is no negative feedback, and even during the past two months he was still getting positive feedback amongst the problems. That's a pretty big clue that something else was going on, I've never known a scammer to just suddenly start and be random about his scamming.

If your having trouble contacting him, go through eBay, be polite, say that maybe you were wrong and would like to know how if possible you could get your money back. Try not assuming the worse about the guy and working with him instead. Not saying you haven't, but looking at the DH thread it seems like a confused "hit thread" and not even always about the right guy.

Just an IMO and trying to help. Good luck, it's a sad thing when a supplier gets screwed and the customers too. Hopefully he can repay everyone what he can.

Hi Lord Abaddon,

Thank you:thumbsup and I appreciate the time you have taken to voice your opinion which I value, and will take into consideration. In consideration of his feedbacks, many ebayers had decided to purchase and give the seller the benefit of doubt. It is with much reluctance that we are embarking on this as there are other life issues to occupy our limited time.

But being mindful that feedbacks can be inflated by having the interested persons helping to buy and sell, with no real transaction taking place. Complicated but possible, as we term "Interested parties transactions". This may not be the case, but :confused

And I do have three other ebay purchase that is taking more than 2 months but I can establish that they are legit due to production or shipping lead times. And I accept and am reasonable towards those.

In the tdh thread, we are voicing and sharing our experiences about the seller. Granted some shared experiences in the post at tdh about other scams not relevant to facts on this seller in question, but trying to inform members of various scam methods. In that respect, I do appreciate their participation.:thumbsup

We are trying to establish the facts and collate information, and will not penalise the innocent if legitimate reasons for the incidents can be found. There is what I was told another thread about this seller at the 501st where only 501st members can access, and this thread started before the one at tdh.

We are also mindful that it is a very competitive market and there are competitiors actions. Due considerations will be given in this respect.

-My purchase has been three months old now.
-Have been very polite and given the seller the benefit of doubt.
-Seller says he is on vacation, will check his paper work.
-No reply thereafter, I have to chase the seller for a reply and subsequently set a dateline for his reply on his paper work checking.
-Have tried ebay using dispute console at the eleventh hour, since there is a sixty day limit, but no reply from seller for a month after the dispute has been opened.
-Seller replied on the theft by postal worker.
-Saw a thread about the seller in the tdh and gave my 2c. I even went to the extend of giving the seller the benefit of doubt in the thread.
-Tried contracting seller but he is very selective in his reply to questions, some you don't get a reply at all, even though they are simple questions regarding tracking numbers.
-Promised by seller to provide postal tracking/airway bill number to make good the sales. Failed to track the parcel at the UK postal website; because service is not available for the postal number given,
-Tried to check with the seller and no reply after a few days. Meanwhile, he has time to list his items at ebay with new descriptions at ebay.
-Therefore wrote to the UK postal service to check and also found that the postal/airway bill number does not entail a tracking service.
-Also tried to establish if this the postal number/airway bill number is legit but UK postal replied that information was confidential.
-Tried to communicate with seller regarding the above, still no reply for several days.
-Then found that the seller is selling his moulds and exiting ebay, is also suspect that the seller is abandoning rather than addressing these issues.

Notwithstanding other demands in our life, a lot of time has been taken to establish the facts and in trying to communicate with the seller, because I think he deserved the benefit of doubt.... but all cordial avenues and attempts have been exhausted. It takes two hands to clap.

Having said that, there is a buyer who been awaiting eight months for his item. Some 501st members facing the same issue. And we are trying to establish if these issues are caused by the same reasons, and if it is just for this time window.

Money paid and received, and no delivery or refund; it is a default on contract which needs to be addressed. And to protect young and potential internet purchasers from these irreponsible selling practises.

Lastly, I again thank you for your opinion and advise which we will value, and keep in view in our endeavour. And I hope I am wrong about the seller because I believe in fair play; this world is what we make it to be.

Peace:)

Last edited:
I bought some stuff from him about 18 months ago it arrived promptly and in good condition and the quality of the work was good.
Its worth considering the postal worker story too especially as these things seem to have happened leading up to the holidays a time of year the postal service over here tends to hire a lot of tempory workers and they aren't to dilligant with doing police checks either.
The whole lack of communication thing is a worry though, maybe the guys mega stressed and financially stretched at the moment with all the losses and replacements and refunds having to be sent.
Hope it gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.

And yeah my names Gary and i'm from the UK but it's not me :lol

Thank you. I will take your experience into consideration as well.:thumbsup I will not kick a guy when he is down.:cool

Karline-2000, If you are reading this, if it is found that you are really in such a situation and a victim of circumstance, then I will exercise grace and maybe not even a refund. But communiate with me, set aside "Ego".

Peace

Last edited:
Darth Clouds...do this, put together a list (real names) of who is owed what from TDH and send it to me (PM is fine). I can't promise anything, but I'll contact Rob with the information and let him answer. It might be better if it comes not from a whole lot of people all over the place, but one person. I can't and am not promising anything, but if he's on the up-n-up at least I can pass on your (and others) information to him, and his comments back to you. Maybe he can't refund anything due to the legal mess he's in, maybe he can dole out something, only he can answer it, but at least it might get you guys some sort of contact.

Let me know what you think.

Darth Clouds...do this, put together a list (real names) of who is owed what from TDH and send it to me (PM is fine). I can't promise anything, but I'll contact Rob with the information and let him answer. It might be better if it comes not from a whole lot of people all over the place, but one person. I can't and am not promising anything, but if he's on the up-n-up at least I can pass on your (and others) information to him, and his comments back to you. Maybe he can't refund anything due to the legal mess he's in, maybe he can dole out something, only he can answer it, but at least it might get you guys some sort of contact.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you for the help, I will open up this to the thread postees at tdh since that's where it started (at least for me).

But I think ebay names or names utilised in their respective channel of sales contact, would be good enough for the seller to track and trace the status of his orders. Some individuals may be apprehensive to offer real names. Let me know what you think of this suggestion.

Also, I can't guarantee the reactions of his other customers or if they will demand a refund. Hope you understand. Proof from the authorities about the postal theft case would be minimal requirement.

I understand that it is unfair and unreasonable to ask more from you when you are kind enough to offer help when you have no dogs in the fight.:thumbsup

Peace

Last edited:
i agree with defstartrooper, i got a tk bucket just before christmas, arrived 2 days after i paid, i think the guy is under stress, i've been emailing him for a few months for help with my helmet.

i'd wanted to buy some armour off him and thats when he told me all his problems and why he was quitting ebay, he also then told me he'd do one last set of armour for me before he sold his molds.

He seems quite genuine, always replys to my emails sometimes not straight away but that can't be helped.

i think you just need to deal with it calmly, do what abbadon says, pass on the list of names.

having just seen all this bad press i am a bit worried as i have paid him, but i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope my armour arrives.

I have seen this name on both the 501st forums and rebelscum recently.

This guy seems to be ripping a LOT of people off lately.

i agree with defstartrooper, i got a tk bucket just before christmas, arrived 2 days after i paid, i think the guy is under stress, i've been emailing him for a few months for help with my helmet.

i'd wanted to buy some armour off him and thats when he told me all his problems and why he was quitting ebay, he also then told me he'd do one last set of armour for me before he sold his molds.

He seems quite genuine, always replys to my emails sometimes not straight away but that can't be helped.

i think you just need to deal with it calmly, do what abbadon says, pass on the list of names.

having just seen all this bad press i am a bit worried as i have paid him, but i think i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope my armour arrives.

Thank you:thumbsup for your advise and sharing. If he is genuine and sincere (and I am giving him the benefit of doubt again);

1. He must show concrete proof of the alleged theft of his shipments by the postal worker and preferably the extend of damage due to theft case, not just verbal claims.

2. He should come on board and solicit the names of those he collected money and has not receive his items. And clear his own "paper work" himself first.

We are calm and collected. This is an avenue for him to relieve his stress, show his sincerity, communicate and gain an understanding from his disappointed customers.

Once again, thank you for your post and I sincerly hope you get what you paid for.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?p=315285&posted=1#post315285

Peace.:sleep

Last edited:
Just wondering if there is any news on this.

Getting a little apprehensive about my armour. Got an email from him last friday to say he would ship my armour on monday and i'd have it before 1pm on tuesday, its now wednesday and its still not here, i emailed him yesterday to tell him that it hadn't shown up and he sounded surprised in his email.

he also told me that his responses to emails are slow because his pc is broken and he's having to use his mums.

i'm still hoping that it will show but i'm really starting to get a bit worried, i'll see what his response is to it not showing up today but after all the talk of his multiple excuses to others i'm worried to see what he says to me.

Bottom line is though if it doesn't show by saturday at the latest i'm going to ask for a refund, and if he refuses i'll open a paypal dispute.

i don't really want to believe that he's trying to rip me off as he's always been so helpful and friendly with his emails in the past.

i'll post more news from my end in a few days.

I just received a request from a member from tdh, who is not an rpf member to send his name and details for help here in the rpf. I am waiting for his reply to my pm to; either to post his request in the forum that is visible to all or pm his name and details to Lord Abaddon.

Personally, I would prefer customers of the ebay seller to register and post here in the rpf. And give their case as well as my predicament more credibility. I do not want to create trouble for any seller unless I have sufficient reasons. Certain things I do, I do it not for self, but for the next generations and for common good. Because who knows, maybe one day my young niece and nephews, your sons and daughter may get ripped off in the internet if we do not do our part in weeding out wrong doings soon enough.

I am still awaiting for my package to give it one last chance since receiving the postal number more than two weeks ago. Still no news of the package:unsure

Peace.

well its saturday, still no armour and no response since wednesday. sent him another email this morning telling him i need to know whats going on. i just hope he replies soon as i don't really want to have to open a dispute.

its gotten to the point now though where i no longer care if i get my armour or the money back, i just want one of them.

will update again if i get any news in the next few days.

well its saturday, still no armour and no response since wednesday. sent him another email this morning telling him i need to know whats going on. i just hope he replies soon as i don't really want to have to open a dispute.

its gotten to the point now though where i no longer care if i get my armour or the money back, i just want one of them.

will update again if i get any news in the next few days.

Just to share my experience, I opened a dispute within the time frame set by ebay. I received no response from the seller. And a week ago, I received an alert from ebay, saying that :

"A dispute can remain open for a maximum of 90 days from the transaction date. If you don't close this dispute before reaching day 90, then eBay will automatically close this dispute. As a result, the seller's account will not be penalised."

:confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused :confused

Just to let you know what to expect. Notwithstanding the effect of the abovementioned message, submitting a dispute will improve your legal position if you need to pursue charges, despite our reluctance.

Peace

Hey Lord Abaddon,

I hope you can still help contact the seller on behalf of solochaser and see what gives.

Just received the consent from solochaser from the dent helmet forum to post his pm to me. Here is the message;

"Hey Darth,
I'm not on the rpf, so could you pass along my name to the appropiate people. My real name is Jason he owes me tk armor thighs or 30 pounds.
thanks
Jason"

Peace.

I have let him know that this thread and the TDH ones exist and that there are buyers who would like updates, most of all though they want either their product or a refund. I'll let you know if I hear anything further.

Just to share my experience, I opened a dispute within the time frame set by ebay. I received no response from the seller. And a week ago, I received an alert from ebay, saying that :

Peace

i didn't go through ebay i paid him direct through paypal, so i can open a dispute there, if he doesn't respond after a short period you can push for paypal to make the decision. but there is always a chance that they will side with the seller and once that happens it makes things difficult from a legal standpoint.

I also bought from Rob Galloway last year through eBay, and thought his service was good. I got prompt delivery and it was well packed. He's never changed his user name to my knowledge and has, up until recently, offered a good service. I'm not judging either way, but I sell my share of props and I think it's vital to look after your customer. Regardless of how well you have performed in the past, you shouldn't make promises you can't keep. An honest mistake is one thing, but a good businessman will see to it that it is rectified asap, not fob you off with endless excuses and lies. Regardless of reasons, this seems like a serious breach of etiquette to me, given the number of complaints.

Good luck to all concerned, I hope you get recompense.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back