Limited Run 32" Falcon Engine RIngs and Vents ( SS style vents!)

Ktaylor

Sr Member
Hello! I am offering castings of my personally designed engine rings and vents as upgrade parts for the DeAgo falcon kit. I cannot speak to the scale accuracy of the SS model but these are perfect drop in fits for the DeAgo falcon!

They are a 2 part system for easy of assembly and painting, pressure cast in RTV resin.

RingsVentsAssembled.jpg

RingsVentsParts.jpg

The rings were modeled in 3d and printed in HiDef Black Acrylite from Shapeways, they were then cleaned and molded in a one piece silicon mold so there are no visible seams, only slight flash around the base that needs to be removed.

The vent pattern was created with a technique I developed using sheet styrene and a small miter saw blade, and as far as I can tell is a near perfect match to the original pattern created at ILM. Based on the patterning ballistics inherent with this technique particularly in the vertical lines that run though the horizontal lines, and the vent line count match I suspect the original pattens could have been created this very way! But I digress...

coolshade.jpg
Split compare of the original pattern on left with an early prototype of the grill pattern on right

The vents are cast in black tinted resin and can be weathered as is with no additional need for painting.

Complete set of 6 rings and vents are $60.00USD + Shipping please PM me for orders!

Here are some pics of them installed on my DeAgo rebuild project!

IMG_3628.JPGIMG_3634.JPGIMG_3632.JPG

Thanks for checking them out!
Kris

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back