Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Joj2, thanks for the updated envelopes, excellent work!

I have seen the Identity cards on ebay from that seller, also has the one from the movie and a wand permit.

I find this

The Identity card from USA "magical word" looks like from England.

View attachment 697961View attachment 697962

Joj2, thanks for the updated envelopes, excellent work!

I have seen the Identity cards on ebay from that seller, also has the one from the movie and a wand permit.

Fake. MACUSA ID card looks TOTALLY different. Don't trust anything with Etsy mark on it.

I can assure you that it is completely impossible for you to have seen those for sale on eBay from the same seller.

And LorduDesign, let me just literally copy the information from the details section of that MACUSA Identification listing: "This FULLY PERSONALISED printable Identification Card is BASED on the Ministry of Magic Identity Card seen at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and at the House of MinaLima in London’s West End." The description is quite clear and the word "based" is in capital letters, just in case.

I can assure you that it is completely impossible for you to have seen those for sale on eBay from the same seller.

And LorduDesign, let me just literally copy the information from the details section of that MACUSA Identification listing: "This FULLY PERSONALISED printable Identification Card is BASED on the Ministry of Magic Identity Card seen at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and at the House of MinaLima in London’s West End." The description is quite clear and the word "based" is in capital letters, just in case.
Of course it's not MACUSA card.

Just saying, it's against the law to sell stuff found in Film Wizardry, even if it's partially edited (MACUSA one was recreated but also only partially).

Of course it's not MACUSA card.

Just saying, it's against the law to sell stuff found in Film Wizardry, even if it's partially edited (MACUSA one was recreated but also only partially).

It says "MACUSA" and "Identification", so it is a MACUSA identification. It doesn't matter whether it's screen accurate or completely made up.

Besides, all items for sale from that shop are made from scratch, layer by layer; none is an edit of the original images. As a matter of fact, dimensions of all IDs had to be modified for them to properly close.

But anyway, I was just pointing out that the listing is clear about the "fakeness" and "trustiness" of that Card.

After your first post I thought that you thought that it was replica of something made for film. That's why I called it "fake".

Either way, whether it is graphic made by him/her it is against the law to sell a replica of something from Harry Potter franchise in unlimited run with permission from respective owners. Not many people have such permission on here and you rarely see unlimited HP runs ;)

Actually, it is an "edit" of the MOM ID card. Those of us who have been down here longer have seen the originals, played around with them, created our own which is perfectly fine as long as we don't sell them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Actually, it is also "against the law" giving it for free without permission... In fact, it is "against the law" even if you make it just for yourself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back