MCU Spider-Man Build - 1st Replica Costume

ClayTheSpider15

As a new RPF user, and after using MegaLEGOFilms's thread for inspiration, I have begun to work on my first Replica Costume

I have everything I need, except for pleather for the stripes underneath the deltoid muscle and the elbow

I also have my concept drawing of everything

For those who are wondering... I will probably not make the moving eye shutters

image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

I have majority of what I need including
1 blue morphsuit (with half of both arms)
Red fabric
some kind of shoe soles
And some great reference pics

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 227
  • image.png
    image.png
    462.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 201
  • image.png
    image.png
    788.9 KB · Views: 232
  • image.png
    image.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 219
  • image.png
    image.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 209
Also I would like to point out many of the cool throwbacks to several other suits

1. The Back Spider – This is a mark of appreciation to Steve Ditko's original drawings
image.pngimage.png

2. The Eyes – Another Throwback to Ditko's original spidey

image.jpegimage.png

3. The Webbing Pattern – This is reminiscent of the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show suit

image.jpegimage.jpeg

And 4. The Shoe Soles on the Boots – This is a reference to the recent TASM 1 suit

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Good luck dude, I'm probs gonna start on my suit once civil war comes out to get it as accurate as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm not actually making my own suit (or at least, not planning on doing so) but I am going to make a mask, as a proof of concept for my idea
I'm using the plastic from the cover of a ruled notebook, and then I've cut out 15 pieces of card stock to use as a template, and laid them all out so you can see what it looks like
8e254da6aec55738ed5f0da16b91c07c.jpg

Holy @$(& that looks AMAZING! Nice job man can u take a picture of every piece for the lens so I can do the same.

Okay so here is my first "proof of concept"
8ba766e1d764d81e961da2940fafde0a.jpg
d947a2767ebea412783a8ead561e80ae.jpg

It looks rougher than it is, since I placed them on top of each other instead of fixing them in place with glue (I need to find my hot glue gun)

And then here are all of the pieces laid out
I will upload a scan of the center piece, as it has all of the smaller pieces drawn over it
89dcee319924620bf1fd95f0ea3b7fa2.jpg

What I would recommend is to take the biggest one, and print it out multiple times and cut the smaller pieces off one by one with scissors or an exacto and use those as the templates

Dude, that's EPIC! Amazing job

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been able to make it actually shift?

- - - Updated - - -

Move… whatever the word is

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so here is my first "proof of concept"
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160317/8ba766e1d764d81e961da2940fafde0a.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160317/d947a2767ebea412783a8ead561e80ae.jpg
It looks rougher than it is, since I placed them on top of each other instead of fixing them in place with glue (I need to find my hot glue gun)

And then here are all of the pieces laid out
I will upload a scan of the center piece, as it has all of the smaller pieces drawn over ithttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160317/89dcee319924620bf1fd95f0ea3b7fa2.jpg
What I would recommend is to take the biggest one, and print it out multiple times and cut the smaller pieces off one by one with scissors or an exacto and use those as the templates

Have you bent the frame so that when you make the lense it won't stick out?

I haven't bent anything yet, it's just a prototype
Im thinking about making some adjustments to make it thinner, and no it doesn't move
I dont have anywhere near the mechanical/technical skills to do that, it's just for appearances

I haven't bent anything yet, it's just a prototype
Im thinking about making some adjustments to make it thinner, and no it doesn't move
I dont have anywhere near the mechanical/technical skills to do that, it's just for appearances

Oh, okay. But that's freakin legit

So, I haven't been able to post for a while, and I've been sick as well, so I haven't gotten my pleather.
Bummer, I know, but how's progress coming for everyone else?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back