My Star Wars Prop Room (aka A Hot Mess)

Your collection is awesome I'd love to get a good size one going someday. I've got an entire closet full of the Kenner toys I had from when I was a kid but they don't quite compare to having a full size stormtrooper in the room. My wife and I have talked about having a dining room built on to our house some day and if I ever do that I may have a basement dug under it that I can use it for a prop room/work space.

I got lots of Star Wars stuff not on display: Lots of toys and figures, ships like Legos, Hasbro, Kenner, Playskool. Most is stuff I enjoy having but not worth displaying.

I also have complete costumes of Luke; Red 5, Luke: Jedi, Luke; ESB fatigues, and Obi: TPM Jedi. I have some components like helmets and holsters/belts on display. However even if i had decent mannequins, i don't have the space to display.

Great looking collection! The wine rack holder and the way you have the helmets displayed is pretty cool. I can see why you may want to get those encased items displayed differently it does look a bit crowded but hey I bet a lot of us wish we had that problem with these items! :)

MJF,,,, this is still one of my favorite things,,,,that I bought from you a long, long time ago:

IMG1522.jpg

And it still holds my Larbel SS Obi-Wan saber(#24 of 24) :)

IMG1528.jpg

image.jpeg

This is is my Al Williamson, & a small part of my hot mess. I used to live in southern CA, & would go every year to San Diego Comic Con. That's where I picked this piece up. God, I miss going to Comic Con!

image.jpeg
Dorman is one of my favorites artists as well! I have quite a few of his pieces. I've met him a number of times, & he was always way cool. In fact, the last time we met (ages ago), he called out to me from across the room when he saw me. Super nice guy, & I love his work.
This Boba Fett print was the very first piece of his that I ever got. I got it at my first Comic Con visit too! Ah, memories.

View attachment 585305
Dorman is one of my favorites artists as well! I have quite a few of his pieces. I've met him a number of times, & he was always way cool. In fact, the last time we met (ages ago), he called out to me from across the room when he saw me. Super nice guy, & I love his work.
This Boba Fett print was the very first piece of his that I ever got. I got it at my first Comic Con visit too! Ah, memories.

i met Dorman at SDCC in 2001 or 2002. I told him I was a fan and that I was sad that I missed out on the LE run of the Dark Empire Luke. He told me if I could make it back the next day, he could get me a copy. He was able to get me one from a run from a LE that was done for another country. This is the one you see in my collection.

IMG_0386_zpswvlggyv4.jpg

One of my favorite props in my collection is a Mara Jade lightsaber made by Jeff Parks.

For those who do not know, the well known MJ hilt design we all know today was conceived by Decipher for the CCG in 2000. They commissioned Parks to make on for the model playing Mara to hold. Parks soon after in secret constructed five more hilts to the same aspects. Later he offered slightly different designs on his website but they were not exact replicas.

The one I am discussing is in the images in a wine rack. You will note there is one in the FX rack. That is one I later commissioned. The original has a switch you need to hold down for the blade to stay lit. Also the blade is blue as technology for purple was either non existent or too expensive. The one I the FX rack (with the other FX) has a switch enabling it to stay on without holding down and a purple blade. Although it was suppose to capture all the original hilt details, it does have a few differences.

Here is one of only five exact replicas I own.

mjsaber_zpsxdvhxbpb.jpg

Here is a one of a kind COA I designed and had signed by all parties involved:

mjcert_zpsglvp3bvs.jpg

Extra note: I used to own two of the five but the second one was stolen during a move back in 2003. If not for the fact I was letting a friend take measurements of the one I still have at the time of the move, that one would also have been stolen.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back