Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Monkey: What a great idea for a gift swap!! I know that I would love to receive something like that :)

Bfd: Another great poster!! I love the caterwauling charm and it's a bargin for only 50 galleons :D

Sonic: great job with your Monster Book of Monster page. I agree with bfd about the rings. By the look on the trolls face, I think maybe he is rethinking his choices in life :facepalm

ecl: Thanks for sharing pictures of your egg. I really like the egg and it is definitely on my someday list. Sometimes when you get the replica, it isn't quite what you were expecting. It's nice to know that it didn't disappoint :)

I wonder what Gamp's Old Gregarious taste like and what the label on the bottle looks like from Leaky. When I go to the park some day I am so going to ask the people there if they have Gamp's Old Gregarious beer. Just to see they reaction, and even better yet if they really offer a reward for drinking the stuff

So I tried ordering from that store for the McSpratts bottle. They quoted me £18.25 to £30.72 for delivery. I decided No, I'm not paying $30 shipping on a $4 item. Well, going to have to look elsewhere.

On another note, or office White Elephant gift swap was today. The person who opened my gift found these inside.
20141202_204852_zpsku3qsjap.JPG
Vanilla and Chocolate Cake Liqueurs, and CC Whiskey, with a 4 pack of Schwartzbier.
Hmmm, Schwartzbier, may the Schwartz be with you.

Another co-worker loved the boxing telescope so much they wanted to keep it, so that was neat.
She also stole the wrapping paper I made up to wrap another gift for a family member.

Mission Accomplished.

Speaking of the Boxing Telescope, here is a picture of an assembled Boxing Telescope that my good friend (and long time supporter here on therpf) woozlemom sent me. The picture does not do the box justice, she did a superb job that would impress the prop makers I'm sure and it would certainly fit nicely on the shelf in Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes. I'm very grateful to her for sending me this gift.

Boxing Telescope red 1.jpg

bfd

Just like to throw this out there, if you have a howler and are looking for a good way to display it, I found that an ornament display stand works great, with some fishing line. No damage to the prop and everything is nice and visible.

IMG_8163_zpsc1b4075e.jpg

IMG_8164_zpse62a4f99.jpg

@Sonicfreak; hey there i love your troll page of monsters book. do you make a project with that? i really love this book so much and you had done an awesome job with the page :)
ecl, i really completely agree with your comments about golden egg replica! i also have bought it and i feel like this is the real prop from movie. only it doesnt open thats all. i recommend to everyone to buy one. i also had japanese golden egg (sold it last week) it was a music box and well detailed outside of it but noble collection is much better. generally japanese props are better but this time noble collection had done a great job. so i completely agree with you :))

@bfd, i really love the boxing telescope of woozlemom who is also another great prop maker :) i will certainly try to make one like this. i like all the friendship on this forum very much :)
@Monkey, great idea with the howler. it looks very nice :)

meanwhile, i have a question. nowadays i want to make broomstick servicing kit and i try to gather some information with that. do you have any kind of reference picture for it? or for the do it yourself broomcare handbook? i couldnt find a good version in my archive. so if anyone have i would apperaciate it :)

btw i have found something and share here. i dont know if it has been shared before

chudley.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Monkey, I love that howler and the stand does make a great display. Did you make the howler? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Because I've been searching for one but the ones I've seen really don't look like the movie version. Your howler looks great.

Monkey, The Howler looks fantastic and thanks for posting the Crudely graphic Lynx! Glad you like the egg too; I have mine on display and it's a fun one to look at :D It is too bad it can't open, but if it could, it would probably cost way too much haha. But certainly they seemed to get all the details and shapes right!

Monkey, I love that howler and the stand does make a great display. Did you make the howler? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Because I've been searching for one but the ones I've seen really don't look like the movie version. Your howler looks great.

I love this howler as well, I didn't make it though. It is beautiful and rather large. I ordered it with a number of other pieces from Ramiel's Magic Emporium. He was active here a while back. Now a days, you can contact him on his Facebook page.

I also got a mandrake which I potted:
IMG_8173_zps02588456.jpg

Mounted Basilisk Fang:
IMG_8171_zps8e3e8e30.jpg

Beautiful Winged Keys:
IMG_8169_zpse7b8599d.jpg

IMG_8167_zps345bb5a3.jpg

I also got a philosopher's stone, felix felicis vial and raddish earings I haven't decided on the presentation yet.

I'm excited that my lastest order is about to ship:
10819466_876595299019441_1671636661_o_zps7b82a85b.jpg

If you wanted to make a howler yourself, check out Vitor's post not too long ago:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=108986&page=435&p=3481488&viewfull=1#post3481488

Last edited:
Wow! Where did you get that Mandrake? Did you make that one? It's pretty damn nice, the nicest replica i've seen of it. That's on my Potter props to get list. :D Those Luna glasses looks amazing too...well everything there looks great :D

Wow! Where did you get that Mandrake? Did you make that one? It's pretty damn nice, the nicest replica i've seen of it. That's on my Potter props to get list. :D Those Luna glasses looks amazing too...well everything there looks great :D

These are all from Ramiel's Magic Emporium:
https://www.facebook.com/RamielsMagicEmporium?ref=br_tf

He is an amazing artist, and his prices are very very reasonable. I'm so happy I was able to get in contact with him. He has a thread here but he doesn't login here really at all anymore:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/harry-pott...lly-warning-lot-pics-149265/?highlight=ramiel

I'm loving all the "rare and unique" in my opinion props that he makes, such as the Rat Cup.

Apparently I'm the first person to commission him to make Luna's first wand. But after he finished it he could see why I wanted it. I have alot of HP props that are not really paper related, but then I have lots of paper related ones too.

20141021_184542_zpshvlmvvkx.JPG

I don't have space for everything, but here's my wall you can see BFD's Dumbledore's will and Diagon Alley map. All my other paper props are waiting for me to have a house, lol.

Hi bfd,
I am so glad that you liked the Telescope box. It only looks as good as it does because of your graphics, I just made a few boxes :) It is one of my favorite prop designs. When I saw them in the movies, I instantly put it on my to do list. I am so glad that I was able to return your graphics to you in a completed item :)

Hi Monkey:
Is the Telescope functional?
No, the box is static, it doesn't move in or out. I don't remember seeing a functioning box in the film. Do you have any reference for a working one? The closest I came to that is a trunk that I made for myself a few years ago to hold all of my knitting and crochet tools. In that trunk, one of the items was a Telescope box. I used Hinkypunks graphics back then. That box does open as it stores my double pointed needles. The way I made it is the small and medium sections are glued together and you can pull it seperate from the bottom bigger section. I made the top portion longer and it slips into the bottom portion like a sleeve.
I don't have any pictures at the moment but if you are interested I can post some.

Oops, forgot to say- Monkey, great HP props and what great displays!!! I really like how you have them grouped on the wall. I had done the Goblet of Fire into a display frame with bfd's Champion Notes around it. I thought it turned out pretty good. I had posted pictures of the frame a while ago. I am going to be working on the will myself in the near future. I will post pics when I am done :)

Hi bfd,
snip
Hi Monkey:

No, the box is static, it doesn't move in or out. I don't remember seeing a functioning box in the film. Do you have any reference for a working one? The closest I came to that is a trunk that I made for myself a few years ago to hold all of my knitting and crochet tools. In that trunk, one of the items was a Telescope box. I used Hinkypunks graphics back then. That box does open as it stores my double pointed needles. The way I made it is the small and medium sections are glued together and you can pull it seperate from the bottom bigger section. I made the top portion longer and it slips into the bottom portion like a sleeve.
I don't have any pictures at the moment but if you are interested I can post some.

Oops, forgot to say- Monkey, great HP props and what great displays!!! I really like how you have them grouped on the wall. I had done the Goblet of Fire into a display frame with bfd's Champion Notes around it. I thought it turned out pretty good. I had posted pictures of the frame a while ago. I am going to be working on the will myself in the near future. I will post pics when I am done :)

Hello woozelmom,

By functional I meant, can you look down inside of it. The one I made for the gift swap, I made sure that it was hollow and accessible, so that I could but the gifts inside it. But then I thought it would be more fun as a prop if you could use it (sorta). So I made a small tab on the top and it is basically a latch. and you can put it up to your eye to see out. But no lenses, so it's kinda like using a paper roll tube as a telescope.

Moving in and out sounds like fun, but it would take a bit of work to make it from scratch. it turns out that the cardboard I used was too thick, and also too soft, so it required reenforcements. I'd be interested to see how your mechanism functions.

Thank you for the compliment, The goblet is one of those props I've always loved, but I'm not ready to spend the money on the pewter noble collection one, at 8" height.
But that sounds like an awesome display.

Not sure what I'll look at getting/ making next.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back