Gathering vintage parts: ANH Obi saber completed

Andymac84

Sr Member
Below you'll find some informations about the parts I got and of course the final saber and how he turned out.:thumbsup
In between it was a mix-up in buying and selling parts and in the end it ends up in a different way than from the start.
sw3w.jpg

22yf.jpg

chlv.jpg

Updated: 20/3/2015:

Here's my grenade. Not perfect in condition but it was a steal in my opinion! Patrice was so kind to offer me this great option.

With a real emitter on the way I only have to tackle down a real browing booster to complete an all vintage Obi saber. Yay!:)

BTW click on the smaller pics to view 'em larger.

Last edited:
Re: Real vintage Mk1 Grenade for ANH Obi saber

Jeeze! i wish lady luck would shine on me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you magoo and Pete. Hopefully I can finish a complete saber with only vintage parts.:thumbsup I suggest this would be the only one in germany...yay!!

great you're happy wuth it!

so you are lucly enough to have a booster,so lucky....

Would find a old booster,have so much stuff to trade:real pommel,real grenade,real kobold d-rings....but,no one seems interested in...

no lucky at all. I still have to find a booster, too... last part to collect...............

Hi there,

Wow that was fast congratulations ... and indeed you are lucky, if you consider that I have been wanting an Obi-Wan ANH since 1981 when I watched STAR WARS for the first time and ever since I had watched that picture and drawing from the Mechanismo SyFy book. I still need a correct symmetrical grenade and a balance pipe.

-Chaim

Hi chaim. Thanks for your kind words, too.
It's not even time consuming..it is also a money eating project.
And still no idea where to get a aircraft machine gun booster. No fix point where I have to start. I think this will also put me on a loooong waiting list, too.
In reading your post I suggest you have a variation of the rifle grenade?

Sorry the original one was missing.
I hope to find one in the future,sometimes there are loose ones,but most of the times only the "fin" part is available without ring....
I have them from a guy,now he knows he can call me when he has some MK3...

For now I have a still very clean bronz/brass casting replicated of a real grenade ... alas ... not a real vintage No.3MkI ... yet!

-Chaim

BIG thanks to Charlie for the RR engine part, slowly moving forward:
7xp8.jpg

ad92.jpg

5u73.jpg

f3h9.jpg

2gc4.jpg

Still looking for the real ANM2 machine gun booster.

(The handwheel is a correct vintage one, I've added a modern cap to it)

Re: Gathering vintage parts: ANH Obi saber

Wow those vintage parts are really beautiful. I like to think that someday I'll have a vintage saber of my own

Re: Gathering vintage parts: ANH Obi saber

Thank you. For me as a non UK and US guy it is twice that hard to get those parts together. Good luck on your quest :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back