My Trumpeter 1/16 scale Russian T-34/85 Tank

Robert McLain

Sr Member
Here's my just completed build of Trumpeter's exelent WWII T-34 medium tank. The inside is fully detailed from front to back plus I've made a few mods myself such as cutting open the top of the turret and engine access hatches, wiring, weathering etc. I also hand painted the lettering on the turret, which was pretty common with russian field vehicles.

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5838.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

IMG_5830.jpg

Just a hint at the detail under the transmission access hatch.
IMG_5862.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

500 hp V2 12 cylinder engine.
IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5869.jpg

IMG_5854.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

Turret interior.
IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5845.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5846.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

This model is a detailers paradise. There was room to do SO much more to this kit but I got burned out:lol

Robert

Last edited:
You did an amazing job. What is the overall size of this kit? I just pulled out my trumpeter 1/32 wildcat, what a mess of parts that kit is haha.

Thanks. It's 15 inches long from front to rear fender, 6 and 1/4 inches high and 7 and 1/2 inches wide. I can feel your pain..I'm just about finished with Trumpeter's 1/32 scale TBM-3 Avenger:lol

Robert

Thanks for the replies. I love the detail included on some of Trumpeter's kits, but I wish they would put a little more thought in the placement of the ejector pins....if you are a perfectionist plan on filling a LOT of ejector pin marks:lol
Robert

Last edited:
i had one of these five or six years ago, i sold it before building it, i can't remember it having an interior, did they release a version without the interior??

nice job btw.

-z

i had one of these five or six years ago, i sold it before building it, i can't remember it having an interior, did they release a version without the interior??

nice job btw.

-z

Not sure but it's entirely possible: Trumpeter is known for releasing improved/revamped versions of the same subject.

Once again thanks to everyone for the kind comments:)

Robert

Love the paint and weather job, Robert :thumbsup.

I love Trumpeter's attention to detail, but for the price of some of their kits, you could almost buy the real thing, :lol.

-Fred

Love the paint and weather job, Robert :thumbsup.

I love Trumpeter's attention to detail, but for the price of some of their kits, you could almost buy the real thing, :lol.

-Fred

Thanks!

They are a bit pricey but I'm a sucker for the 1/16 scale size and all that interior detail.

I'm ordering this puppy next month...it.s about a hundred bucks more than the T-34!

http://www.amazon.com/910-German-Ki...U0P8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317144871&sr=8-1

Here's and old preview of the kit.
http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/german/trumpeter00906preview_1.html

Robert

Outstanding work!!!:thumbsup

I stockpiled on these and hope to find time to complete at least one. Just picked up a King Tiger as well. You won't be disappointed if you do. :)

Outstanding work!!!:thumbsup

I stockpiled on these and hope to find time to complete at least one. Just picked up a King Tiger as well. You won't be disappointed if you do. :)

There are two versions of the King Tiger out there: one with optional clear hull and turret and one without. Which did you get?

Robert

I got the latest release, the 2 in 1 with both Henshel and Porsche turrets. It was actually cheaper than their previous 2 releases.

Back