FLESH LIKE rubber ( SKIN GEL )

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Guys.

I was popping around to the silicone rubber suppliers today and was shown some of the new products they have... My main goal was to obtain some RTV for a project i'm working on, at the moment. I asked the rep. if he had anything that might double for foam rubber that has the softness of human flesh and can be painted.

Suddenly he pulled out of a box this pink blob of something, that looked like a sea cucumber in shape. I touched it and it was the softest material I've ever handled... you could easily squeeze it down from 1inch to less that 1mm. It had a dry surface to it but the core was very sticky but didn't leave a residue of any kind on my fingers.

At LAST I've found the material I need to make prosthetics and masks with rather than foam latex which is so costly and hard to work with.

Cheers

Phil :love

Dragon skin from Smooth-on seems to be gaining popularity as an over the head mask making material and they make pigments that allow it to be painted.

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 16 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1262777[/snapback]</div>
Suddenly he pulled out of a box this pink blob of something, that looked like a sea cucumber in shape. I touched it and it was the softest material I've ever handled... you could easily squeeze it down from 1inch to less that 1mm. It had a dry surface to it but the core was very sticky but didn't leave a residue of any kind on my fingers. [/b]

Anyone else tought something was wrong when he wrote that ? :p

I always thought that these statue/bust replica places should use the silicone flesh like material for their sculpts... minatures would look so much cooler with flesh instead of painted plastic.. I know it would be expensive...but hey so are some of these sculpts.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kris @ Jun 16 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1262838[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 16 2006, 09:35 PM) [snapback]1262777[/snapback]
Suddenly he pulled out of a box this pink blob of something, that looked like a sea cucumber in shape. I touched it and it was the softest material I've ever handled... you could easily squeeze it down from 1inch to less that 1mm. It had a dry surface to it but the core was very sticky but didn't leave a residue of any kind on my fingers. [/b]

Anyone else tought something was wrong when he wrote that ? :p
[/b][/quote]

SHAME ON YOU .... Reading between the lines like that. :$

Thats very rude.

ever google realdoll? They paint a lot with this type of material. They advertise as being a former hollywood SPFX company turned...moneymaking business.

If you are able to post photos, I'd be interested in seeing some shots of this material -- in its normal state and compressed.

Thanks. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 17 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1263145[/snapback]</div>
thanks, what product do i ask for?

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 17 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1263138[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 17 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1263104[/snapback]
im in the uk too, who's the supplier?
[/b]

THOMSON BROS. Limited (Newcastle)
Tel: 0191 2160397
enquires@thomsonbros.co.uk

Need to talk to Ian Wrightson.
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Just describe it... Its a new product they've only just got in but I didn't get the name... Ian will know what you're talking about.

thanks, i appriecate the info, now hurry up and get that fine yoda sculpt finished and painted up

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 17 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1263185[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 17 2006, 02:56 PM) [snapback]1263145[/snapback]
thanks, what product do i ask for?

<div class='quotetop'>(Cyberman @ Jun 17 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1263138[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 17 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1263104[/snapback]
im in the uk too, who's the supplier?
[/b]

THOMSON BROS. Limited (Newcastle)
Tel: 0191 2160397
enquires@thomsonbros.co.uk

Need to talk to Ian Wrightson.
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Just describe it... Its a new product they've only just got in but I didn't get the name... Ian will know what you're talking about.
[/b][/quote]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back