Yoda Illuminator Replacement Dome/ Lens

DexAntares

I have the Disney Parks Yoda Illuminator and I managed to upgrade it with a rechargeable LED flashlight. The problem is, the dome/ lens on top developed a crack. I managed to craft a replacement but it's not conical. It works for now but I'd like something more screen accurate. I'm not sure what to search for online. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Look for spray sunscreen bottles, not sure on brands, here in the Uk they have the same conical shape, you can use them as, or as form to make a mould for resin.

IMG_7297.jpeg

Another idea use a rubber test tube bung to make a mould

Last edited:
Look for spray sunscreen bottles, not sure on brands, here in the Uk they have the same conical shape, you can use them as, or as form to make a mould for resin.

View attachment 1762188

Another idea use a rubber test tube bung to make a mould
Not a bad idea! I'll keep a lookout at my local pharmacy. Also I considered making a mold of the old dome, maybe polishing out the crack if it affects the casting.

A single point scope tip/lens looks like a possible contender as well…

I don’t have the diameter off-hand, but it could be cut-down until you reach the diameter needed.

The original was a pen flashlight, I found one years ago and sent it to Scott so he could replicate the darned thing, It was an Eveready brand I think, but UK

A single point scope tip/lens looks like a possible contender as well…

I don’t have the diameter off-hand, but it could be cut-down until you reach the diameter needed.

YES! That looks perfect! I'll look into it and see if I can find one with the right diameter. Thanks! Also I see your name - It's a deep-cut Star Trek reference :D

Okay, so the dollhouse cups didn't work out. My measurements were off and they wound up too small. So I took a luxury approach and designed a lens in Tinkercad, then had it printed in clear resin via Craftcloud. Here are the results. I think the replacement is a little too tall but I'm satisfied with it. Diffuses the light nicely. I forgot if I mentioned but I managed to cram a little USB rechargeable flashlight in there. It's brighter and more power efficient than the cheapo keychain light Disney puts in them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 24

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back