Wolverine Belt Buckle paint problems

Drummertist

I've just got in my Bergamot Brass Works version of the indian head belt buckle. I did a test with some acrylic paint but found it would rub off with only a touch from my finger.

Do I need to use a self etching primer on the brass or use a different paint. I'm looking to create a dull (not glossy) and aged style.

Is it a dull brass look u want? If its real brass the oils from ur hands will tarnish quickly. I wouldn't paint it unless u want a different look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually, the the movie prop is painted in full color except for the face which remains brass. You can do a quick google search for wolverine indian buckle to see the paint scheme.

Last edited:
The paint on the face is brown, I don't know where you read that.

I didn't know that. I've always thought it was kept unpainted since my brass buckle has a darker patina to it.

As for painting the brass, what should I do? Use an etching primer? Or change from acrylic paints to something else?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back