WiP Witchblade (help would be more than welcome)

DizzieDee

Hello there, this is my first time posting on this forum, but I've been lurking a while. I'll start off by saying I'm sorry if the images are broken/oversized/undersized or if I'm in the wrong part of the forum! Anyway i'm going to be attempting a full witchblade costume, something along these lines -

Artifacts-Witchblade.jpg

So far all the threads I've browsed that have featured Witchblade or something similar have recommended liquid latex, so that it bends and twists. So I've made a proto-type arm. It's come out ok-ish but I'm sure I can do better, however I'm not too sure how to go about this. I don't want a completely smooth finish on the suit, I like the little bumps up super close. I just feel like I'm missing something with the paint or there's something I can do to make it look better. As the paint doesn't really blend to well. If there's any other suggestions to do with the build or anything please let me know :)

Anyways here it is so far and what I've done so far -
CI_69310_1365084960.jpg
Made the base from a rubber glove, added a layer of liquid latex, then added cotton wool until I was happy-ish.

549473_360908967351964_17076659_n.jpg
Painted it with sealant

CI_69310_1366034232.JPG
Mixed acrylic paint with liquid latex and painted it

CI_69310_1366057620.JPG
Proto-type arm complete! added a few layers of paint and latex so it bend and twists without chipping or breaking. (Haven't added the gems as this is a practice piece)

For the main body I plan on cling filming a mannequin and working of a zentai suit placed over the mannequin and making detachable hands and feet, with a zip in the back. Any help would be more than appreciated!

Also I'm very sorry again if this is in the wrong place ><

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back