will rubbing alcohol smooth out this clay?

should work well with that clay...as long as you mean smooth out as in refine the surface (some people hear "smooth out" and think it is going to get rid of bumps and deep tool marks on a rough sculpture and its not the case)

as for the monster makers stuff, its kind of a mix between oil based clay and wax, and the wax doesn't want to smooth out with most chemicals (heat is the best way with that stuff)

in general i'd sugguest Chavant NSP medium hardness clay.(or hard if you are sculpting something with hard edges and fine detail like a helmet or something)....its the best all around clay i've used.

should work well with that clay...as long as you mean smooth out as in refine the surface (some people hear "smooth out" and think it is going to get rid of bumps and deep tool marks on a rough sculpture and its not the case)

as for the monster makers stuff, its kind of a mix between oil based clay and wax, and the wax doesn't want to smooth out with most chemicals (heat is the best way with that stuff)

in general i'd sugguest Chavant NSP medium hardness clay.(or hard if you are sculpting something with hard edges and fine detail like a helmet or something)....its the best all around clay i've used.

The Monster Clay does smooth very well using mineral spirits, turpenoid and even 99% alcohol.

Arnold

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back