"Turrets" Syndrome? No, not a misspelling.

I printed off the barrels of the turbolaser. They turned out pretty good but I think I mistakenly mirrored one of the sections. They still need cleaning up, but mostly on the initial bonding layers to the build plate. Perhaps a little tweaking with some of the rear details is also in order.

IMG_2689.JPG

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Printing out the walls, which is taking a lot of time, but everything is fitting together perfectly. Nothing sanded yet, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

20210518_232538.jpg

20210518_232610.jpg

TazMan2000

Last edited:
I uploaded the Turbolaser to Cults3D if anyone is interested.
The filming model, as well as a high tower design. Comes with 150+ greeblies.

TazMan2000

I uploaded the Turbolaser to Cults3D if anyone is interested.
The filming model, as well as a high tower design. Comes with 150+ greeblies.

TazMan2000
A well done model of these turrets might come in handy on a future project.
Do you have a link? Did a quick search on Cult3D and did not see your model.

Found it. It was quite deep in the search pages.

Last edited:
If you intend on printing out large items, or think you may in the future, get the biggest one you can afford. It will save to lots of gluing and filling. I have a 12" square bed on mine, and because of the items I like to design and print, I wish I had spent the extra money on one that had a 15" square bed.

TazMan2000
Totally agree! I have a printer with a 12 x 16 bed area with a 14" Z and have another printer designed but not built that has a 20 x 20 with 16 Z. My smaller ones are very nice but I've sure been glad to have a large format one.

A well done model of these turrets might come in handy on a future project.
Do you have a link? Did a quick search on Cult3D and did not see your model.

Found it. It was quite deep in the search pages.

I put it in architectural, since I there was no other designation that Cults3D had for it, unless it was a gadget or tool.

If my CR-10S ever tanks I'll purchase a much larger one. 20x20"? Which brand is that?

TazMan2000

I put it in architectural, since I there was no other designation that Cults3D had for it, unless it was a gadget or tool.

If my CR-10S ever tanks I'll purchase a much larger one. 20x20"? Which brand is that?

TazMan2000
The 20 x 20 is my own design. My designation is RB4. I'll post a picture when it gets built or maybe a rendering of the design.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back