Tremors: Map of Perfection Valley FOUND!

So what I thought would take a few hours turned into a few months.... life's funny that way. I ended up up using the base map Mike J. provided, since my guide was a year off (and appearantly that's enough to change half the wilderness ;-) I made the other scans from my guide.

Also my version doesn't necessarilly add much to the version DMO posted. Still I wanted to share, and I did do a few things differt from DMO's version:
I've kept the AAA logo, because it felt more authentic;
I've went with a slightly darker red edge and my spacing is a bit different (hopefully even a better match to the movie version);
I made the box around the town name look more like a marker, rather than a fully straight rectangular box (in line with the screencaps);
I also left the lines from copying in the center piece more visible, as it was the case with the movie version.

If there are any further suggestion, I'm happy to make some more adjustments. Also, I have a lager version available if anybody needs one. I've printed mine at 80 cm, which seems to be quite close to the original.

You do have to do your own ageing as I can't upload coffee or tea ;-)

Enjoy.
So what I thought would take a few hours turned into a few months.... life's funny that way. I ended up up using the base map Mike J. provided, since my guide was a year off (and appearantly that's enough to change half the wilderness ;-) I made the other scans from my guide.

Also my version doesn't necessarilly add much to the version DMO posted. Still I wanted to share, and I did do a few things differt from DMO's version:
I've kept the AAA logo, because it felt more authentic;
I've went with a slightly darker red edge and my spacing is a bit different (hopefully even a better match to the movie version);
I made the box around the town name look more like a marker, rather than a fully straight rectangular box (in line with the screencaps);
I also left the lines from copying in the center piece more visible, as it was the case with the movie version.

If there are any further suggestion, I'm happy to make some more adjustments. Also, I have a lager version available if anybody needs one. I've printed mine at 80 cm, which seems to be quite close to the original.

You do have to do your own ageing as I can't upload coffee or tea ;-)

Enjoy.
Hey there, fantastic job on the map! I would love the larger version!

Nice find to the OP, and nice work on the final map offered here....
Two places that might be improved:
The font of 'PERFECTION' needs to be a little taller (skinnier).
Just below the turn around loop (and next to the W of 'WILDERNESS') there's another tiny piece of cut-and-paste map to provide one more circle location on the map, seen in the yellow circle below.

Would love a high-res version of this though! (I can host it for you too, if you want it to have a permanent home...)

Attachments

• PerfectionDiff.jpg
    PerfectionDiff.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 46

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back