THE WW2 movie nobody appears to have made...

On a tangent: war has never been just the black-and-white, good-versus-evil conflict that governments portray to the populace. Horrible things have happened on all sides. Following the attack at Pearl Harbor, George "Mr. Sulu" Takei's family was sent to the Rohwer War Relocation Center in Arkansas in 1942, then to the Tule Lake Segregation Center in California.

My high school physics teacher was a WWII vet. He told us about a time while, positioned in the Pacific theater on a small island, they were being pursued by a group of Japanese soldiers. One of his comrades was injured and died; they were able to bury the body. He told us the pursuing soldiers later dug up the body and burned it. However, the pursuing Japanese soldiers were themselves eventually captured. When one of my classmates asked my physics teacher "What did you do then?" he replied "We took care of it."

On a tangent: war has never been just the black-and-white, good-versus-evil conflict that governments portray to the populace. Horrible things have happened on all sides. Following the attack at Pearl Harbor, George "Mr. Sulu" Takei's family was sent to the Rohwer War Relocation Center in Arkansas in 1942, then to the Tule Lake Segregation Center in California.

My high school physics teacher was a WWII vet. He told us about a time while, positioned in the Pacific theater on a small island, they were being pursued by a group of Japanese soldiers. One of his comrades was injured and died; they were able to bury the body. He told us the pursuing soldiers later dug up the body and burned it. However, the pursuing Japanese soldiers were themselves eventually captured. When one of my classmates asked my physics teacher "What did you do then?" he replied "We took care of it."
At the same time, while what we (the US) did to the Japanese during the war was deplorable, it hardly compares to the atrocities committed by the Japanese and Germans. While we forcibly relocated loyal American citizens simply on the basis that they were of Japanese descent, we did not force them to work as slave laborers, nor did we wholesale execute them. or even put them in the sorts of concentration camps that the Germans put Jews, Gypsies, and other so-called "undesirable" in. Personally, I'm tired of people who bring up our treatment of the Japanese during WWII as some sort of comparison to the wholesale slaughter committed by both the Germans and the Japanese during the war. It was a deplorable act but it's nowhere near what the Japanese and Germans did, not even close. So, please, stop trying to compare the two., And I'm saying this as an American of Chinese descent who could potentially face serious discrimination if we (the US) were ever to go to war with China.

IDK, I'd give people more credit because I think even if something happens with China, most people aren't even mad at the Chinese people, just the govt. I'm still hoping China is just rattling sabers to get their people's minds off internal issues and they're not dumb enough to try to attack Taiwan.

I've read VERY little on the internment, but I have read a few things that said the U.S. govt. was worried about some Japanese nationalist groups that they had pretty good intel on. It completely went against the values of the country to round everyone up though. German Americans were arrested, but not on that scale. So there's no doubt that racism played a big part in it, but a lot of people tend to overlook the fact that lots of Germans and some Italians were rounded up as well.

I've also long had the idea of a novel about someone who is a serial killer in occupied France.

Would a French resistance fighter ever see the inside of a jail for killing
That actually happened:

In terms of reprisals, some ad hoc trials of SS members were held in the woods by the British to…how did the euphemism go?

“Remand them into His Majesty’s permanent custody.”

That actually happened:
That guy wasn't taking care of Germans, he was killing people who wanted out of the region, for profit. He only claimed to be in a Maqui cell, but it appears he had no real connections.
I still wonder if they man had done the same to German soldiers, would he have gone to guillotine as he did after the war?
Think of what some French citizens did to Joachim Peiper in 1976 once they found out he'd moved to a French town in 1976? Nobody really looked too deeply into how'd set the house on fire and took shots at the house until he cooked. And this was a guy who hadn't done anything to French people that I'm aware of. He was mostly known as the CO of the unit which committed the Malmedy Massacre, against US soldiers and a massacre in an Italian town (for which the Nuremberg trials put him into prison for just over a decade before suspending a death sentence).
Imagine what would have happened had the German in charge of the massacre of French citizens at Oradour-sur-Glane had gotten away and someone later realized he was still around?
Then, imagine if someone had found that German right before the liberation was to take place?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back