The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Saw this at Hobby Lobby, so, had to get it...
1000014930.jpg

Put it here.
1000014931.jpg

Started playing Final Fantasy 13, as its been over 7 years, and I was missing two trophies, so figured, might as well.

Pretty much like an actual barnyard battle with a crazed hen. You can try but you will never actually make contact.
I'm playing Final Fantasy 13-2 now, and not long after recording and posting that video, I get into a battle with a chocobo. But in this game, you can actually defeat them, and, you can capture enemies and then they will fight alongside you, including the chocobo.
1000015431.jpg

Was trying to find this on youtube, and could not, so, booted up the game, PS4 version and recorded it myself.
Final Fantasy 7: Knights of the Round VS a Chocobo.

Lol only in Final Fantasy can you find chickens that can summon meteors from the sky. Choco meteor is also a consistent ability among chocobos in various games so its canon.

Still easier to deal with than chickens in Legend of Zelda. Its the reason why Japan outsources its fried chicken to KFC lol.

For anyone who has been watching the Fallout series on Amazon but hasn't played, Fallout 4: Game of the Year edition is on sale on Steam for $9.99 for the next few hours. Well worth it at that price.
I own the game already, but am kinda reluctant to play it. From reading up on it, it seems like a lot of the game's story is oriented around that early 2010s fad of "There are basically no 'good guys' in this story, and all your choices are just degrees of bad" that seemed to be all over at the time.

Like, in Far Cry 4 where you join with these rebel groups against a lunatic dictator only to later discover that, no matter which sub-faction in the rebel group you help, they basically are both awful and your best move at the beginning of the game that causes the least amount of harm is to eat some crab rangoon and then leave.

Instead, I've decided to install Fallout: New Vegas (which I've never played), load up a TON of mods, and give that one a runthru. I gather it's at least a little better than FO4's rather bleak "There are no good choices" approach that refuses to take a moral stance other than "Everything is bad, and you may be complicit by merely playing."

By the way, I blame the original Bioshock and later SpecOps: The Line for this trend. Like, it was novel and interesting as an artistic statement once upon a time, but now it just seems lame and overly navel-gazing, not to mention smug from a comfortable relativist position.

I own the game already, but am kinda reluctant to play it. From reading up on it, it seems like a lot of the game's story is oriented around that early 2010s fad of "There are basically no 'good guys' in this story, and all your choices are just degrees of bad" that seemed to be all over at the time.

It's really more that there are 4 factions you can work with to finish the story, and the game designers tried to make most of them at least reasonable choices; as opposed to "good play through is Team X, Evil playthrough is Team Y, and gray-jedi-tightrope-walk playthrough is Team Z".

I'd say only one of the factions is objectively evil; but they at least give you a potentially understandable human reason to side with them, even if you've been the shinning beacon of truth and justice up until then.

That said, new vegas gets the most accolades of pretty much any fallout game I can think of. So you're not exactly going wrong by playing it. Fair warning though, it is the absolute buggiest game of them all too. Expect the gameplay to be fun, but the odds are high that you'll run into some glitch 3/4 of the way through the game, that actually happened 57 hours of gameplay ago, that is preventing you from moving on or accomplishing something.

Last edited:
There this restaurant in Bogotá, Colombia called, Chronos Fantasy Restaurant. The main theme is from Chrono Trigger, one of my favorite games, but inside has tons of different games. Its funny, as you would expect something like this in Japan, where most all the games actually come from.
Looking at the street view, in 2019, it was an auto shop, but since 2020, it became this. Quite a switch.
CTpic.jpg

From what I can tell, they moved from at least one place to a new location in 2020.
They have Crono in the front doorway. (which I think was from the old loction)
2024-01-14.jpg

Inside is of course all game themed.
IMG_20220402_124718.jpg

20221118_203408.jpg

All pics I find off google has this whole crazy gamed themed environment. Would be awesome to visit.

Like, in Far Cry 4 where you join with these rebel groups against a lunatic dictator only to later discover that, no matter which sub-faction in the rebel group you help, they basically are both awful and your best move at the beginning of the game that causes the least amount of harm is to eat some crab rangoon and then leave.

Instead, I've decided to install Fallout: New Vegas (which I've never played), load up a TON of mods, and give that one a runthru. I gather it's at least a little better than FO4's rather bleak "There are no good choices" approach that refuses to take a moral stance other than "Everything is bad, and you may be complicit by merely playing."

By the way, I blame the original Bioshock and later SpecOps: The Line for this trend. Like, it was novel and interesting as an artistic statement once upon a time, but now it just seems lame and overly navel-gazing, not to mention smug from a comfortable relativist position.

The Minutemen are definitely the good guys. They're trying to bring back democracy and justice in the Wasteland. The Underground are nuts who would probably bang robots if they could. You have the Brotherhood of Steel, which is kind of gray unless you love mutants, then they would be evil. Then you have the Institute (basically offspring of original MIT survivors, but they can't say MIT), which started out with a good cause and became pretty evil, though evil in a completely detached, scientific "let's see what would happen" kind of way.

I would still play it, because the people you've read probably just didn't like it because there are definitely good outcomes to the story.

The Minutemen are definitely the good guys. They're trying to bring back democracy and justice in the Wasteland. The Underground are nuts who would probably bang robots if they could. You have the Brotherhood of Steel, which is kind of gray unless you love mutants, then they would be evil. Then you have the Institute (basically offspring of original MIT survivors, but they can't say MIT), which started out with a good cause and became pretty evil, though evil in a completely detached, scientific "let's see what would happen" kind of way.

I would still play it, because the people you've read probably just didn't like it because there are definitely good outcomes to the story.
Just be sure to install the mod that fixes the game so Preston Garvey doesn't show up every ten seconds to annoy you with the same crap.

It took a 100 hours but I finally beat Ghost of Tsushima. Game was worth every cent I spent on it. Now I'll wait a year or two and go back to it and do the New Game+ mode and track down all the things I missed.
I also ended up playing the Arcade Classics version of Burgertime for almost 3 hours straight yesterday on a whim as well. I've been listening to the audio book of Ready Player One again at work for the tenth time and it triggered some nostalgia love. I made it to the fifth board which is about as far as I think I ever got when we had it on the Intellivision. Incidentally I'm also the high score holder in it on PSN now beating out KEN. Suck it KEN, we got a new leader. Might have to try and get the high score in Dig Dug now.

But Eiyuden 100 Heroes out today and getting some positive reviews so I am probably going to start that now.

Also new Space Marine 2 trailer.

Last edited:
One day I'm going to go through wiki for 80s and 90s arcade games as the sound effects coming from those arcades made me feel happy. Just mentioning Burgertime makes me remember the music. And I still remember the sound effect for the air pump in Dig Dug.

I still haven't seen Ready Player One for some reason. Maybe I'll check it out soon.

One day I'm going to go through wiki for 80s and 90s arcade games as the sound effects coming from those arcades made me feel happy. Just mentioning Burgertime makes me remember the music. And I still remember the sound effect for the air pump in Dig Dug.

I still haven't seen Ready Player One for some reason. Maybe I'll check it out soon.
The movie sucked and completely rips the heart and soul out of the book and dumbs everything down substantially. Either get the book or the audiobook and pretend the movie doesn't exist. Another tragedy in the 'What could have been...' vein if they had just stuck with the source material.

The movie sucked and completely rips the heart and soul out of the book and dumbs everything down substantially. Either get the book or the audiobook and pretend the movie doesn't exist. Another tragedy in the 'What could have been...' vein if they had just stuck with the source material.
Exactly. If people want something more comfy than reading the novel, the audiobook narrated by Wil Wheaton is said to be great.
Makes sense, he was the very kind of kid the game's creator is portrayed as, so he can draw from that to do his job.

Exactly. If people want something more comfy than reading the novel, the audiobook narrated by Wil Wheaton is said to be great.
Makes sense, he was the very kind of kid the game's creator is portrayed as, so he can draw from that to do his job.
Yeah, Wheaton does a great job and he also reads the sequel Ready Player Two.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back