The Protomen Motorcycle Helmets

Buck Wild

I'm a huge fan of The Protomen, a rock band that does songs about the Blue Bomber: MegaMan!

They wear "costumes" when on stage, usually just a modded motorcycle helmet. I'm trying to recreate these exact helmets, but I keep hitting some snags.

13398-169521-BQ38TheProtomenjpg-620x.jpg

Here's the best pic of all three helmets together. I've identified MegaMan's (the blue one being worn) as a Shoei RF-200 model, so that's in the bag. It's the other two helmets I'm having some issues with.

First is Protoman's helmet (red one). I believe I've identified it, (hope this isn't against the rules or anything) here's a link to an ebay auction for the correct helmet: Vintage Arthur Fulmer Ht 90 | eBay

Problem is, I don't think the auction has the right model # in the title. Every other Arthur Fulmer HT 90 I've seen isn't a full face type. I'm not an expert on motorcycle helmets, so I was hoping someone could help me out since I can find no info on this helmet.

Last is Sniper Joe's helmet (green). I know it's made from a vintage Arai Super Sport II, but that particular helmet is rather pricy. Is there any place online that I can get a replica of this helmet made? I'm not looking for street safety as it'll just be a display piece.

Thanks for any help. :)

(I'm going to be ordering a Shoei RF 200 to begin working on for MegaMan's helmet, I'll be showing the progress in this thread once I start up in a few weeks. Ideally I'd like to work on all three helmets around the same time, so I hope I can get some clarity on Protoman's helmet and some info on possible reproduction Arai helmets.)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back