Testing Notifications 2 (Non-Subscribed)

So an odd thing I’ve noticed...

If I haven’t been on the forum in a few days, I will stop receiving notifications. But the moment I visit the page, notifications resume.

Any thoughts?

Sean

So an odd thing I’ve noticed...

If I haven’t been on the forum in a few days, I will stop receiving notifications. But the moment I visit the page, notifications resume.

Any thoughts?

Sean

Sean, what you are seeing is a "feature" unlike we had under the previous software. It is pretty clever in an attempt to not overwhelm you (or our server) with email notifications. On subscribed threads, you will only get ONE notification email until you read the thread again. If you only visit the forum home page, or read other threads, you won't get a new alert or notification. You have to view the thread again.

bill fimm and AJK001, now that I am thinking about it, I wonder if this is part of what you are seeing and thinking you aren't getting the notifications your should.

Art Andrews I bet that’s what it is! That totally explains it. When I see a reply to a thread I am watching...for instance, a project run... And if it is just a short reply to the thread ... like “put me down for one”, and I see the whole reply in my email.... most times I do not even visit the thread. That sounds about right.. cool.

I bet everything is working as planned.. that totally sounds like the issue I was having, which really was not an issue at all.... was just my misunderstanding of how the notifications work.

I’m so sorry you had to spend time on this,
Thank you Art.

Sean, what you are seeing is a "feature" unlike we had under the previous software. It is pretty clever in an attempt to not overwhelm you (or our server) with email notifications. On subscribed threads, you will only get ONE notification email until you read the thread again. If you only visit the forum home page, or read other threads, you won't get a new alert or notification. You have to view the thread again.

bill fimm and AJK001, now that I am thinking about it, I wonder if this is part of what you are seeing and thinking you aren't getting the notifications your should.

Art,
That could be it but I don't get any email's unless it is to a thread that I'm subscribed to it. I never receive any emails for quoted thread.

I’m so sorry you had to spend time on this,
Thank you Art.

No need to apologize for that. This is a learning process and we are all in it together. I still think there is an issue with some of the notices but hopefully this answers some questions.

Ah, understand now! Thanks for the explanation!

Sean

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back