SS Snowspeeder project - input, ideas?

I'm starting a SS Snowspeeder. It'll be a complete scratch project, no kit as a foundation.

Can anyone recommend references, part ID lists, or anything else that may have been done in the past?

Thanks,

Jeff

Those are Jasons Rogue Leader pictures took for the research on the MR model, so a HUGE THANK YOU to Jason for taking these, they got "outed" in a bad way though, but, thats showbusiness i guess.

There are no kit lists though, you'll have to get down and dirty with some kits and scans, there are many used on this prop, some, pretty rare and expensive, just depends how accurate you want it to be.

Cant wait to get back to mine, love this prop.

lee

Those are Jasons Rogue Leader pictures took for the research on the MR model, so a HUGE THANK YOU to Jason for taking these, they got "outed" in a bad way though, but, thats showbusiness i guess.

There are no kit lists though, you'll have to get down and dirty with some kits and scans, there are many used on this prop, some, pretty rare and expensive, just depends how accurate you want it to be.

Cant wait to get back to mine, love this prop.

lee

-I had no idea . The are several SW related groups that have thousands of great images to look through. That on and the SW vintage group also has great images. With the internet the way it is , everything is bound to see the light of day eventually.

-james

Ah no, wasnt aimed at you James, a more untrustworthy fellow from way back, but, we wont go into eh? :lol.

lee

no problems Lee , I understood your point. I hate seeing them out there if they wasn't meant to be. I have always liked the speeder myself. A great piece of modeling.

-James

Thanks for the input and links guys. Chances are I won't be scrounging rare kits for parts - if I can get good dimensions and drawings and ID some of the questionable parts, I can scratch-build just about anything. Between the lathe, mill, and other stuff I have in the shop, I'm not overly concerned with ensuring that every part I put on the model is taken from a vintage donor. In the end, if scratch-built part looks like the donor part under a layer of paint, I'm happy.

J

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back