So I watched EFNY and LA back to back

EFNY is one of THE all-time classics. i highly recommend picking up the novel too if you can, it's one of those ones that fills a load of back-story and characterisation in.

EFLA is just plain awful. I watched it again a few months ago after catching it on a free premium channel weekend (there is no way I would pay to watch it again).

I hated it when I saw it in the theater years ago but I had forgotten just how lame it is from start to finish. The copycat story and surfing scene are enough to make me never want to see it again but then there's the craptacular hand gliding scene and Snake's not so awesome "Welcome to the human race" crap at the end. Shudder.

Oh and the tape in EFNY is far better. So there. :p

EFNY all the way. This came out right when I was a rebellious teenager. Snake was one of the first sci fi anti-heroes. All us 15 year old boys identified with him back then. He was so cool, had killer weapons and gets to stick it to the authority figures! Everything a young boy could want back in the early 80's. Except for chicks...

It's one of those movies where you really just had to be there when it actually came out to get it. I saw it like four times in the theater. I wanted to be Snake so bad!!

EFLA is mind boggling awful!! Just absolutely horrible IMHO

And I agree with Wolfie138, the novel really is a good read. It explains a lot about the world of the time period, the president, the police state (black-bellies) and so much more. Even tells how Snake lost his eye.

Yeah they were just out to get away from the wives have a few smokes :cool and shoot a movie.

Ny I like better but La is a guilty pleasure!

I go into it thinking the film makers were just out to have fun, rather than take a serious stab at it.

(ducks tomatoes and lettuce)

I personally like EFNY better but to each their own...

So no tomatoes or lettuce just Adrienne Barbeau shooting at you
adrienne-barbeau-her-breasts-large-.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back