Seaquest Currency Identification

Kenobi575

I've had this picture of UEO currency for a few years and would like to have it replicated - I know about the Margaret Thatcher 5 note and have even found the exact picture used to make it. However, this 10 note is more difficult.

Can someone identify the person under the denomination? Also, can someone identify the signature? It looks like Belkys something...

Thank you for looking.

That was my first thought as well but I've searched over 30 pages of photos and I doubt it; the facial features seem wrong and the man looks older than King was.

Was it an image that you found? is so, can you post the link?

Thanks,

Well, it does look like MLK. I would imagine they modified the image a bit for use on the bill.

Maybe at first glance, but the man in the photo is much older and has a much thicker (looking) face than King.

My first reaction was: Hey! It's Uncle Phil! (James Avery)
philip-banks-150x150.jpg

...otherwise the resolution is too low. I don't even SEE a signature...

Last edited:
I think it is Uncle Phil ;) I wish someone sold these.. If not overpriced I would get a few to go with my seaQuest stuff

I have not been able to find any method of contacting him - it's been 7 years. Can someone maybe tell me what font was used on these notes? The poor quality pictures can be updated or replaced.

I looked up Suge Knight - he's close but his head's shape appears wrong. I also looked at the links 19Narvik40 posted; the modified play money on the flicker site is unfamiliar to me - I've never seen it before. I knew about the other two sites.

Any ideas on the font?

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked up Suge Knight - he's close but his head's shape appears wrong. I also looked at the links 19Narvik40 posted; the modified play money on the flicker site is unfamiliar to me - I've never seen it before. I knew about the other two sites.

Any ideas on the font?
:lol I was totally joking about Suge :lol

Any ideas on the font?

This is an old thread, Is the question still, "Is this Martin Luther King ? "

Seaquest 2032 takes place in the future....so maybe in their universe, MLK never died, and they just used an age progression software for his face on the prop money.

Not exactly, I've sort of given up on identifying the face on the 10 cred note; I'm more interested in the font used as I maybe able to improve on the design to make a fan-created 'second edition' as it were.

Still, if anyone does know who it is - I'm always interested.

Looking at the 10 and 1 note bills, I'd say there's a chance that they aren't notable world figures at all, but rather people related to the production or prop house - were any bills other than the 'thatcher' ever give a closeup on screen?

On second thought, it does appear to be king, though the image is stretched slightly in length, and they've darkened the left portion to remove his hand and right eye, changing the overall profile of the image. The right image is a 40% opacity overlay - not exact proportion wise, but enough to convince me that it was the source photo, at least for the eyes, nose, and ear.

kingtest.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back