Sealing rub & buff?

Sbcustomfab

So, I am relatively new to world of prop making. I have been making "stuff" forever and I used to work in theatre as a stage hand and set designer/builder but recently I have become enamoured with the idea of prop making. I have a question for those more experienced (that's ya'll).

I love the weathered metallic effect produced by using rub & buff. I am playing around with some models and I was wondering, with r&b being wax bases, it has to eventually fade, right? Can you seal over it with some sort of clear to make it last longer and not lose the metallic effect?

I use Rub and Buff. I really love the stuff. (sounds like I'm starting a dirty limerick) In all honesty, I don't seal it. I've used it mostly to simulate scratches and exposed metal areas, but I usually wait until after I've sealed everything else. I can get away with it, I think, because I don't handle my finished models very much once they go on the display shelf. Haven't noticed much fading/

Hunk a junk really likes to use rubb and buff
He uses it to make scratches n' stuff
He said with a grin
As he colored damage in
"I don't seal it, it looks good enough!"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back