Resident Evil Retribution

im gonna give this one a meh on my film-o-meter

reasons for this are (and now im gonna start the spoiler tags due to MAJOR spoilers, its your own fault now)
first of all: so they bring her to russia. is there a point in this? or is it just so they can escape from russia?
second: there were 2 zombies with zombie makeup. the rest was either experiments like in the tokyo scenario where they looked just like people, or weird crazy brain wolf thingies
third: "zombies" on motorcycles
fourth: at the end, they are in the white house which has apparently magicly been fortified, because that seems to have worked in a major city, but suddenly the zombies are attacking
fifth: they couldve just ended the series there. there were about 500 people in that fortress, and about 10 million zombies on the other side of the wall. no way in hell can they win that battle, especially because everyone who dies, goes zombie.
sixth: the whole clone thing was weird. can we even know that this is still the same alice as in the first part?
seventh: alice get wounded just for the sake of being hurt. all she does afterwards was grab the wound twice and look at the blood. didnt restrict her at all
eigth: the bad guy (forgot his name) took away her powers at the end of the last movie. but apparently that doesnt even face her in the new one

over all it was good for what it was, alltho some of the CGI was sub par. if you just want to shut your brains off for 90 minutes, go for it.
dont see it in 3d, as all the 3d effects are so forced, that you get stupider by just looking at them. there has to be at least 5 scenes where they shoot at the screen and you just see the bullet flying towards you in slowmo. and 10 more of the same, but with throwing instead of shooting.

Last edited:
I haven't played the games that reference the Las Plagas virus, but that did have me a little confused. Zombies driving trucks and shooting guns? What the hell was that about? And the zombies shooting guns were worse than Stormtroopers. The STARS members stood in the center of big windows wth the only cover available being on their shins, and the only zombie able to hit one of them held a chainsaw.

to be fair, i think zombies arent the best aiming species in the world :D its more the quantity that counts here :D shoot a bazillion bullets, maybe a fraction will hit

I haven't played the games that reference the Las Plagas virus, but that did have me a little confused. Zombies driving trucks and shooting guns? What the hell was that about? And the zombies shooting guns were worse than Stormtroopers. The STARS members stood in the center of big windows wth the only cover available being on their shins, and the only zombie able to hit one of them held a chainsaw.

Las Plagas was a virus created in part 4. When Leon was in Europe. It didn't really make people into "zombies", because they were still living and doing day to day stuff. It really didn't make much sense to me either, but I still enjoyed the games. RE5(game) was essencially the same virus, only in Africa.

Now, the Plagas in the movie was rather different. They almost still encorporate the whole zombie aspect, but give them a little bit of smarts and ability to perform tasks like...driving. It is best not to think too much into it, but if you are someone who didn't really play RE4 or 5, it probably doesn't make as much sense.

Las Plagas was a virus created in part 4. When Leon was in Europe. It didn't really make people into "zombies", because they were still living and doing day to day stuff. It really didn't make much sense to me either, but I still enjoyed the games.

I think the parasites would systematically influence it's host to do things it normally wouldn't even though the host will still do things on it's own. The more the parasite takes control, the more the host is willing to follow the ideals and leadership of the lead parasite.

Sometimes those blasted parasites get a little too crowded in the brain area and will just spontaneously burst out of the host's head and start unleashing it's razor sharp tentacles at you. Or unleash itself in spider form..... or into a big legged mouth thing that swallows your head whole....

I was tempted to see this film because it finally includes my favorite RE character Ada Wong, but when Phelous said that all she does is get captured, I lost interest.

Surprised no one has mentioned the ahem, homages, to Snyder's Dawn of the Dead and Aliens.

Very stupid movie, but much more fun than the last one, which didn't even rate as guilty pleasure.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back