Replacement Jacket Sideshow Indiana Jones Premium Format?

Emperor Turpentine

Hi

Guess this is a bit of a long shot but would anyone know where I can get a replacement jacket for my sideshow Indiana Jones premium edition ?

For reasons unknown the existing jacket has started to crumble and fall apart :(

many thanks

Its a shame that what I consider to be the best of all the Indy/Raiders statue displays all seem to end up in this condition. I did see where someone painted the exposed parts of the jacket and then sealed it so that the flaking would stop. I can't recall what product was used though.
I have seen some replacement jackets and they aren't cheap. Then you have to figure out how to get it on the figure.

Thanks, the jacket is a plasticised material and is peeling.
From what you’ve said mine isn't the only one?
I remember a while ago there was a guy making more accurate parts for this piece but I’ve lost his website details.

Thanks, the jacket is a plasticised material and is peeling.
From what you’ve said mine isn't the only one?
I remember a while ago there was a guy making more accurate parts for this piece but I’ve lost his website details.
I guess it is the faux leather aka pleather. This material will rot in time and not much is to do about it. Some use 303 Aerospace Protectant to prolong the life of pleather, the way it is stored/displayed also can damage it faster (humidity and hot spaces help to rot) but in the end it will get damaged. Usually Sideshow pleather is better quality and lasts longer than Hot Toys one.

Some pleather damaged from various boards and groups:

Pleather damage Hot Toys figs.jpg

Pleather damage Hot Toys Han.jpg

Pleather damage Terminator Arnold.jpg

Sideshow Vader Premium Format statue

Pleather damage Darth Vader Premium Format.jpg

My Indy jacket is falling apart as well.
Started where the Idol in his hand is touching the jacket.
The right hand sleeve at the cuff area is getting real bad.

Man, as much as they charge for these things this should NOT be an issue. Has anybody reached out to them or are they just wiping their has of their mistake?

Man, as much as they charge for these things this should NOT be an issue. Has anybody reached out to them or are they just wiping their has of their mistake?
Neither Hot Toys or Sideshow will do anything about the rotting pleather, people have contacted them, nothing. It's up to the fans to avoid buying collectibles made with faux leather, or find custom made ones for replacement. The producing companies do not care.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back