RE-ANIMATOR Prop Help Identify

drsyn71

Sr Member
Can anyone help identify this little prop? Is it perhaps a found item? It's from the third RE-ANIMATOR movie, Beyond Re-Animator. I love those movies.

It's a cool looking little vial or ampule with pointed metal ends.

In the third movie, Dr. Herbert West (Jeffrey Combs) is in prison. In secret and with limited resources, he conducts experiments on rats and anything he can get his hands on. Dr. West has discovered "NPE" (Nano-Plasmic Energy), an energy that can be extracted from the brain of a living organism through an electrocution-like process, to be stored in a capsule resembling a small light bulb.

I thought perhaps this was a found item somebody might recognize. Maybe from the U.S., or Spain (where the movie was filmed). I thought it was worth a shot to ask here on the RPF.

Attachments

• vial1.jpg
    vial1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 83
  • vial2.jpg
    vial2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 70
  • vial3.jpg
    vial3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 80
  • vial4.jpg
    vial4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 71
Oh yeah, that's definitely an automotive lightbulb, often used for the dome light, glovebox light, etc. (called a "festoon" type). It would be found on older cars, like 90s and earlier. I've not seen one with that large of a glass part, but I'm sure some digging will turn up the bulb type.

Oh yeah, that's definitely an automotive lightbulb, often used for the dome light, glovebox light, etc. It would be found on older cars, like 90s and earlier. I've not seen one with that large of a glass part, but I'm sure some digging will turn up the bulb type.
Awesome. You've put me on a path to go looking. Thank you.

It seems a lot of current bulbs use LEDs. I'm finding some decent search results on eBay using the words, "vintage festoon glove box light bulb".

Attachments

• lightbulb.jpg
    lightbulb.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 72
It seems a lot of current bulbs use LEDs. I'm finding some decent search results on eBay using the words, "vintage festoon glove box light bulb".
Try looking for Internal door and overhead lights too..
VW Beetles and Campers used them for overhead roof/door lights. German and Swedish certainly sell them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back