Prometheus Death Worm?? Maybe?

BLACKULA727

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay Guys, so I saw Prometheus on Friday and sculpted this on Saturday. I know it still needs a lot of work, but tell me what you think so far. I don’t have a problem with honest critiques BTW. Thanks guys!

c51a1beb.jpg

9f14d318.jpg

7a5484ae.jpg

a1163a2e.jpg

And here it is attacking my daughter…lol
73a115d2.jpg

Tony

That looks REALLY good!! :)

If I had to critisize I'd say it might look a little big but then that could just be the pics.

I think youve captured the look just right though, nice job so far (y)thumbsup:thumbsup :)

To me the head is pretty much there, looking real nice.

I would also echo Leigh's comments though, that it looks to be standing too tall.

Thank you guys!! I actually agree with both of you. I saw prometheus again last night. During that scene when they see it for the first time, he radios back and says that organism they are encountering is approximately 30" to 40" in length. I measured this today and its approzimately 47'' from tip of tale to the top of the head. So, I think I'm going to shorten then neck up. Also, I need to make it more thin towards the top. I hadn't realized how skinny the neck part was untill seeing it again. Thanks again for the comments, hopefully I can get it to look proper here shortly. Be good.

-Tony

Isn't this also referred to as the 'space cobra'??
I like that name, seems more....dangerous!!

I've heard Cobralien & Hammerpede. I chose Death Worm because I like the sound to it....lol. But you're right my name is incorrect.

Thank you Leigh , these are great. Makes me realize I have to go back to the drawing board on it. Even though its just roughed in, Mine is quite a bit off. Thanks again guys for the feedback!

Tony

Thank you Leigh , these are great. Makes me realize I have to go back to the drawing board on it. Even though its just roughed in, Mine is quite a bit off. Thanks again guys for the feedback!

Tony

NO NO NO! yours is just fine, you dont need to start over :(

I haven't seen the movie yet but your Death Worm looks very awesome. Like Leigh said, no need to start over, just a little tweaking is all it needs.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I should be a tad more specific. I really just mean back to the drawing board on the shape of the hood and the neck length. I do have it to long and the hood (cobra flappy things) are a bit off. As for the face (if you can even call it that), I just need to tweek that now that I know more of how it is supposed to look. Theres a lot of good references out there now that I've been searching. Thanks again guys for the feed back. :)

Tony

Thanks guys! Yeah, I should be a tad more specific. I really just mean back to the drawing board on the shape of the hood and the neck length.

Hey Tony,

I think it looks great too. That was my only criticism was the overall length/neck length. Looking at your third picture, it just looks very upright and tall. But the overall shape and design are there. It just looked very stiff/upright in that third picture. But you yourself already noticed that. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see the final version.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back