predator bio mask wip

firebapx

ok guys so this is going to be my first ever pepakura mask that i will bondo and resin. i went with this as im a predator fan and i am also interested in using this to try out making a mould and casting. this will probably be a wip thread where ill upload all progress to the build. any and all tips will be apreachated as this is my first time doing all this.

quick question guys this had been stuck together with pva glue am i right in thinking i cant resin stright on this or it will fall apart if so any tips on where i should go with this hoping to fiberglass for the first time tomarrow

Last edited:
so here my progress not that there was much intrest in it to begin with lol.
made a mistake early on i coated the outside of the whole model in pva glue on a tip id seen on another forum. BIG MISTAKE the fibreglass resin was not able to soak into the paper properly i never got that translucent thing you usually do when it soaks in. also i was so paranoid about the resin dissolving the glue i taped up the back of the mask which stopped any resin soaking in back there (facepalm) needless to say i have learned my lesson. i have also discovered i really like the sanding part i know im no where near done yet but i really love watching the shape come out as you sand you start to see the smooth parts come out and you can see where needs spot filler it amazing. i need allot more spot filler im not very good with bondo yet but im getting there. id like to thank who ever suggested using an old credit card to spread it. it has worked wonders. thats my progress so far any tips and critisms please tell me now so i can work them out :)

I resined my pep helmet after pva.... it came out fine, you can see my helmet progress in my Captain Britain build thread.....

Now being a huge Predator fan myself you have done a nice job on your pep but to me the helmet looks too narrow

I resined my pep helmet after pva.... it came out fine, you can see my helmet progress in my Captain Britain build thread.....

Now being a huge Predator fan myself you have done a nice job on your pep but to me the helmet looks too narrow

its just the way its sitting in the pic its sorta folded under its self at the cheeks lol. im not realy to scrap it yet and start again. the resin on top and the fiberglass matting under it is holding it pretty well. ill make sure that the cheeks are the right way out when i put the bondo on it that will hold them in place

so heres todays progress very happy with it so far. i realised yesterday i wasnt putting nearly enough time into the sanding. i was doing a half hour here and a half hour there. i was thinking to my self this is taking forever now i know why lol. so today i really went for it set aside like 6 hours broke out my mouse sander and went to town and i was amazed at the progress you can make when you decide to spend a day doing it. im glad i did it needs another layer of bondo to smooth out some of the ok allot of the surface but im happy with it so far.
open to criticism as always :)

it still doesn't look right to me...... I have looked and looked and I have finally put my finger on it!!!! it's the friggin laser scope!!!! lol!!! it's missing from the side of the helmet which is why it's looking narrow to me lol!!! once you have added that then yeah, this will look great! nice work ;)

it still doesn't look right to me...... I have looked and looked and I have finally put my finger on it!!!! it's the friggin laser scope!!!! lol!!! it's missing from the side of the helmet which is why it's looking narrow to me lol!!! once you have added that then yeah, this will look great! nice work ;)

ha ha i could have told you that mate. im planning on working my ass of on this one and then moulding and casting it. then i shall see if i can sell one or two to fund my building a daft punk helmet mostly the visor part lol

yeah, you know when something just doesn't look right but you can't pin point it! lol.... when it's been added that will look great dude, I have a Pred 2 bio that I bought a good few years ago now....

im going with the pred first because i love predators and as this will be my first mould i want it to be an easy one lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back