Paint screw up

StarLord99

Hey guys! I just recently starting to repaint the titan series age of ultron hulkbuster. Long story short I Screw up the paint. I used an Honda Red acrylic Rattle can paint. My question is how can I remove the paint without damaging the plastic? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 15633298233914156789286897669641.jpg
    15633298233914156789286897669641.jpg
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 456
I’ve never had an issue with leaving it on more than two days. I’ve been using it for 30+ years on plastic model kits like those from Revell and AMT that I’d find at flea markets. Not once had it damaged that plastic. Have no clue what plastic yours is made of though so if you do use it, error on the side of caution and just check it from time to time.

automotive brake fluid will dissolve paint but not plastic. But as always, do a test first.

Castrol Super Clean works too. Takes the chrome of of styrene parts too. The smell isn't as nasty as Easy Off, but you should use it in a well ventilated area anyway.

TazMan2000

Simple green will strip acrylic and you can leave it soak for as long as you want. I stripped a Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon using simple green and it has very similar plastic. After a week the paint was shriveled and sloughed off. I scrubbed the remainder off with a semi-stiff bristled brush.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back