Original paint colors shared across the vehicles?

stonky

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

I'm sure that this is probably already out there and I missed it, but I thought that I'd ask the question anyway - what's the prevailing theory regarding shared paint colors amongst the original ANH vehicles? Does it stand to reason that the red, blue-grey, yellow, etc. accent colors on the X-Wings were the same red, blue-grey, yellow, etc. colors used on the Y-Wings and TIEs? Can we consolidate our ANH palette to a few commonly used colors? At first glance it seems to be the case (outside of all of the weathering etc. on top of the base colors obviously) but maybe it's not that easy. For example, are the Red 5 canopy and tube stripes the same blue-grey base color that was used on the TIEs? Thoughts?

Hey all,

I'm sure that this is probably already out there and I missed it, but I thought that I'd ask the question anyway - what's the prevailing theory regarding shared paint colors amongst the original ANH vehicles? Does it stand to reason that the red, blue-grey, yellow, etc. accent colors on the X-Wings were the same red, blue-grey, yellow, etc. colors used on the Y-Wings and TIEs? Can we consolidate our ANH palette to a few commonly used colors? At first glance it seems to be the case (outside of all of the weathering etc. on top of the base colors obviously) but maybe it's not that easy. For example, are the Red 5 canopy and tube stripes the same blue-grey base color that was used on the TIEs? Thoughts?

Stands to reason in my book. And in m workshop too...!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back