My new Blastech DL-44

Risu

Master Member
I just wanted to post to show off my just finished birthday present to myself, my Han ESB DL-44.

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

It was made with a cheap metal airsoft Mauser and the Blastech version II conversion kit. I may go back and add a bit more distressing on the right side, but since the resin scope won't sand down nicely like the metal gun, I tried to blend it in better by not distressing that side much. In a couple of weeks, this will be sitting comfortably in my Han gunbelt with new pictures.

but since the resin scope won't sand down nicely like the metal gun

The real M19/M32 scope has a slighty textured finish as it a brass casting. So if you want accuracy, you don't want a perfectly smooth surface.

Yea, its not the smoothness that's in question. When the gun gets sanded down, the metal shows through, when the resin gets sanded down, whatever color the resin is will show. I can't imagine there was a coat of silver paint put on underneath the black.

on my blasters if i need a texture like on the cast parts here I either use hammered finish paint or black texture paint, the overspray with brass or bronze or titanium gold.
Black on top of that and then lightl buff the black off in high wear spots.

im tackling one of these too, glad I found this thread!

Good work ,I like mine too,it was made from a denix also ,I have the ANH version ,hopefully the next one I build will be like yours from ESB....Guy Young

Back