My C-57D Build

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just scored this NEW kit from Polar Lights...When I finish with it, it will feature a full lighting package.

My design team 'The RE-VISSIONEERS' {Dave McCamant, Wyane Orliki & myself}
were involved in the very early stages of developing this kit -
specifically regarding the more accurate scale, shape & detail accuracy -
which in turn directly influenced the decision to go with the 2 piece hull & 12" size.

Glad to see this kit finally getting released...

Here are several pictures of the unlit/unpainted model in Flight mode and Landing and landing with gear down...

You can see the Cage within the drive section...

UPDATE...

In between client builds of a Moebius Jupiter 2 and a Polar Lights Jupite2, I came up with a uniform IN SCALE lighting for the Engine.

I air brushed the Clear inserts for the "Cage" with my new IWATA air brush clear red. Then with some extra lighting stuff I had on hand riged my own lighting. I think I have the rotating cage issue figured out as well, but have to get back to the other builds...

Nice!

Can you show a pic from above inside the bottom section with the lighting in place? Curious to see what you did there.

Doug

Nice!

Can you show a pic from above inside the bottom section with the lighting in place? Curious to see what you did there.

Doug

It's a tangled mess in there right now...I'll post pics of that when I get everything sorted out.

UPDATE...

Here are several profile shots of the C-57D. While working on my Jupiter 2's I also airbrushed the first coat of Tamiya Silver....

Here is the main Access area..

And a rear loading area...

Outstanding finish with the Tamiya silver. Is that their Bare Metal Silver lacquer in the rattle can? I don't suppose PL included any vehicles or ships blasters in the kit did they? I could see an aftermarket opportunity for someone willing to cast those up in resin; including a miniature Robbie and ID Monster. Any idea what scale the crewmen would need to be? I'm thinking this would make for a great diorama of course.

Outstanding finish with the Tamiya silver. Is that their Bare Metal Silver lacquer in the rattle can? I don't suppose PL included any vehicles or ships blasters in the kit did they? I could see an aftermarket opportunity for someone willing to cast those up in resin; including a miniature Robbie and ID Monster. Any idea what scale the crewmen would need to be? I'm thinking this would make for a great diorama of course.

Thank you very much indeed my brother from another mother!!
The scale is 1/1444...So I think if we can train some fleas...Just joking.

No I used Tamiya In my Iwata Air Brush...Since I got my new air-brush, I have been using it on everything!!

That's pretty slick. I never got the larger model as it was just... well... too big! Forbidden Planet is one of my favorite movies of all time, though, so I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for this one.

--Alex

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back