MR Falcon plug direct to wall

eegah

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what kind of power cord/connection to use to connect the Falcon directly to a wall outlet?
I have mine on a display stand and would like to connect it directly to the wall to power the lights.
I searched but didn't see anything about a direct connection to the wall, just to a battery pack.
I'd also like to do the same with my EFX X-wing.
Thanks, Tom

It should have come with a plug...??? I guess I'm not understanding what you're asking for?

The Falcon has an "audio jack" built into the post that it rests on. That is wired to the connecter in the base - the wall adapater plugs into the wall and the base. to power the Falcon you'd need to recreate something akin to the post that it rests on and wire that to the plug that goes into the base... or find anotther AC/DC converter of the same specifications and do the same thing... the specc are written on the adapater and IIRC its a fairly common conversion.

I have a eFX red5 but don't remember exactly how its connected but my memory tells me its the same way except that the xwing used a honest to goodness electrical connector instead of the audio Jack setup, but its the same type of process... find the conversion specs get an adapater that is the same and rig the mount and electrical connections.

Jedi Dade

I have my Falcon displayed on a speaker stand. So, what I'd like to do is connect the Falcon directly to a wall outlet and power it without using the base at all.
So, I need to get a cord that would recreate the atachment on the base and plug into the wall.
I have zero experience with this and could really use the "dummies" version of what to get! :)
Thanks!

To do this we need to establish what you have or don't have.

Do you have the power cord that goes from the base to the wall outlet?

Yes, I have everything that it came with.
What I'd like is to connect the Falcon directly to the wall outlet bypassing the base alltogether.
I was told to get a phone plug 1/4" and to connect that to the power cord and then into the Falcon?
Sorry for the confusion!

Yes, I have everything that it came with.
What I'd like is to connect the Falcon directly to the wall outlet bypassing the base alltogether.
I was told to get a phone plug 1/4" and to connect that to the power cord and then into the Falcon?
Sorry for the confusion!
Yes, that is exactly what you need to do.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back