Master Replicas Snow Speeder

I was wondering why this did not make this studio scale? I is a very detailed and well done replica and I do like it but I was wondering the reason behind now making it studio scale. Here are some pics and a video review with up close shots.

DSC00147.jpg

The added expense for that extra volume (product, case, shipping) would have made the product cost-prohibitive. It was decided that not enough people would have bought it for the price it would have had to sell for.

^ agreed - they wanted to save money - or they couldn't see people spending the money for a full sized SS model.

Most likely they figured that most people wouldn't notice anyways.

Well. Of course, people would notice. :lol

Jason is correct, we ran the numbers for making it 1:1 scale at 23 inches long and the added volume (while it doesn't seem like a lot) was substantial. Most people wouldn't have the room to display it.

The retail price would also have been $200 to $300 more. We didn't feel that was a viable trade-off... especially since the Y-Wing was going to soon follow the speeder at at retail of $750. And of course, the uber-expensive At-At and Falcon replicas were coming as well.

We didn't want too many, very-expensive models ganged up.

It can be a great product, but if only a few people buy it, you have failed.

Make sense?

^ agreed - they wanted to save money - or they couldn't see people spending the money for a full sized SS model.

Most likely they figured that most people wouldn't notice anyways.

Beautiful replica, I have one and llove it.

Is it just me or the one pictured had some dull coat applied to it, all the ones I've seen including my Mr At-At have a slight luster, I'm planning to dull coat them, I really like the one pictures it looks completely dull.

GFollano

Myself, I didn't even CONSIDER it because of the SS issue. If my way of thinking is in the minority among the customer base, well, it's my cross to bear. ;)

The added expense for that extra volume (product, case, shipping) would have made the product cost-prohibitive. It was decided that not enough people would have bought it for the price it would have had to sell for.

Jason is right the case for a SS-47 is real big!! It's
really a deceiving little model at 23 inches it doesn't
seem that big. But it has a lot of meat to it because
it gets real wide in the back, and down the sides! I
made my own case, I had the acrylic cut and I glued it
together all for $75 dollars!! But I didn't end up with the
nice rolled edges that come with the MR stuff. I priced having
the place do it for me it was expensive, so I can see where
this would have added a lot to the final price tag even more.

Mvc-903s.jpg

Mvc-053s.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back