Mass Effect Normandy SR 1

Ratbone

Hi,
I am 26 years old, from germany (sorry for my bad english), new to the rpf and this is my first self build model. It is the Normandy SR1 from the Mass Effect game. Made of plastic card and some other stuff.
Not a perfect model, but I am happy with it. My first try to build something like this.

8b2q-13-a577.jpg

And some pics of the building process.

8b2q-t-6ea9.jpg

8b2q-v-c16a.jpg

8b2q-10-1c38.jpg

8b2q-11-19ca.jpg

8b2q-12-a5bf.jpg

Feel free to comment :)
Next i will try a Carnifex heavy pistol from Mass Effect or a turian warship. I am also working on a Revell Voyager from Star Trek. So many ideas for projekts... :wacko

Holy crap that looks amazing, way better than the 50.00 official one that i preordered lol. I'd love to see a turian ship. How big is it? They have official 18" display models out from darkhorse comics but are unreasonably priced and fragile.

Thank you :)
She is 19 cm (7,5'') long. The SR-1 is my favorite ship of the Mass Effect games, so i build one by myself. The official model is very expensive and there is only the SR-2, I think.

Yeah I also want to build her bigger sister, the SR-2... with lights and larger.
But this has to wait, until i completed some other projekts.

Nice to see, that some other guys like my build :)

very nice. love the ship but haven't played the games. my laptop is from the stone age. what other projects are you working on?

There is a Voyager (from Revell) I am working on. Want to build her with lights and rooms inside and there are some things, that need to be changed.
That needs time.

And I try to build a Carnifex heavy pistol, from Mass Effect. My first try to do something like this.

2 hobbyprojects are ok, i like it to have something big and something, that is done in a smaler amount of time.

Thank you :)
She is 19 cm (7,5'') long. The SR-1 is my favorite ship of the Mass Effect games, so i build one by myself. The official model is very expensive and there is only the SR-2, I think.

Yeah I also want to build her bigger sister, the SR-2... with lights and larger.
But this has to wait, until i completed some other projekts.

Nice to see, that some other guys like my build :)

Yeah all that's out now is a 6" Sr2, an alliance fighter, and in august the SR1, and an 18" sr2. The pistol should be interesting to see. They have an official pistol that's way up there price wise too.

Nice, I am curious what plans you're using though. I'm in the middle of building my SR-1 and I'm pulling measurements from reference photos and the papercraft I built awhile ago. It looks like the plans you're using would make my life soooo much easier.

Last edited:
Hi :) I used some pictures, the pepakura-model and this Mass Effect, Normandy SR-1 Reference. by =Troodon80 on deviantART (hope the link is ok)
Then I made a drawing of it in Paint. I printed it out and used it as a template. If you want this thing, I can send it via e-mail to you. It is not 100% accurate, but at the end it looked quite ok for me.
The pepakura was very helpfull because it is a 3D model and you can move it.

Danke! I've built the pepakura model solely to pull measurements, and while it worked great for the wings, the hull has been a nightmare. Those different references are exactly what I needed to get the width and angles right. Thanks again and good luck on the Turian ship.

Yeah the main hull was my biggest problem too.
Thank you and good luck to you on the Normandy. Maybe you can show the finished model. I'm curious what it looks like at the end.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back