Mannequin Display

NeoTrinity

Hello,

I just found your site today and joined. I hope I am posting in the right place. I recently acquired a screen-worn military uniform from one of my favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, and I would love to display it in my shop in Maine. The actor that wore it in the film was 6'3" and when I went looking for mannequins to purchase, most were petite female forms that would not work for this purpose. When I was younger, I was able to visit Army/Navy Surplus Stores in NYC, but that is not a possibility now. As such, I don't know where to start looking for a suitable specimen.

Is there any suggestions on where I could find a large, muscular mannequin for my purpose, and when I locate one, I am looking forward to building a large acrylic museum case to show it off. I have looked at Amazon but none of the fiberglass or inflatable ones will work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Gerald

Most Male mannequins I've seen on line are in the 6'+ sizes.
Even the Females tend to be in the 5' 11" - 6' 1" range.

There are many store supply places on line, although since the pandemic many are out of stock on just about everything.

You could find something near the size range then modify it to fit your needs.
May require learning a few new skills.

Most Male mannequins I've seen on line are in the 6'+ sizes.
Even the Females tend to be in the 5' 11" - 6' 1" range.

There are many store supply places on line, although since the pandemic many are out of stock on just about everything.

You could find something near the size range then modify it to fit your needs.
May require learning a few new skills.
Thank you for the reply. I have looked at several supply stores and many told me they were out of stock on the type I was looking for. I guess many people last year all had the same idea. I have found some female types but they were suited to swimming suit displays or hand bags as their arms and legs were bent to highlight it. I thought of using padding but wasn’t sure that was what others did. I am happy to alter an existing mannequin if I could find straight arms and legs and could find suitable padding. Do fabric stores sell something I could use?

Are you after a Male or Female figure?
What character was it?
With the bent arms you could mod it to hold a prop (weapon, etc)

As for padding, depending on where you live and the types of fabric stores in your area.
Jo-Ann's (in the US) sells both foam and batting.
There are also upholstery shops (furniture or auto) that may have what you need.

You may have luck looking at athletic mannequins. They're larger and come in more dynamic poses.

Here is a photo of my full scale Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill #1 and a recent Japanese Samurai setup which I am still working on ...

GoGo Yubari.png
Samurai armor .png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back