Just saw this on Yahoo!: Sequels/remakes/reworkings/adaptations over original content

CB2001

Master Member
I just saw this and I honestly can't believe what they're implying. I mean, it backs up what I've been talking about why Hollywood has been doing more remakes/sequels/prequels/reworkings/adaptations, but are they implying that all of the audience wants more of this over original content or am I misunderstanding this?

Hollywood's Sumer of Remakes, Reboots and Sequels

Re: Just saw this on Yahoo!: Sequels/remakes/reworkings/adaptations over original con

Well people like what is familiar in music and even books so i'm not shocked they'd think this. I don't mind sequels or even prequels but i'd like to see some new stuff now and then.

Re: Just saw this on Yahoo!: Sequels/remakes/reworkings/adaptations over original con

It's turning into a vicious circle. We don't go to see the original films because they're simply not making them. And they're not making them because they claim that no one watches them. They throw out small twenty-theater indie releases and say "See, nobody saw that!"

I would love to see some original films. But I do ask that they be good films, and Hollywood just isn't giving people the chance to create really good original films.

Eventually this comic book bubble will burst and they'll move on to something else.

Pre-sold franchises, nothing new for over two decades in film.

Pre-sold franchises, nothing new for over two decades in film.

True, but what's new is the fact that it's getting worse (at least how I see it).

Well, they've been relying on the tactic the last 10-15 years (also the same time as the rise of the internet). They also see dwindling profits and claim it's all piracy and couldn't possibly have a bearing on the fact they keep churning out repetitive stuff. It's too easy to blame internet piracy (never mind the fact that people were doing this way before the internet).

It's a big reason I don't expect any change. As long as they have a built in excuse, they can avoid fixing the problem.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back