How to use a helmet mold.

That depends on the material you'll be casting. If it's fiberglass, the glass cloth will be applied to the mold surface making a thin hallow casting. If you're using resin try slush casting. Mix up your resin and pour it into the mold. Then roll the mold around by hand, allowing the resin to coat the mold surface. Keep it moving to keep the resin thickness as even as possible. It may take several applications to get the thickness you want.

If you have a two piece closed mold, roto casting would be the way to go. It's like slush casting, but done using a roto machine. Lots of threads here on that subject, including ideas on how to build one.

Do you have a mold or is it a general question ,, either waty thre alot of good utube films on working with molds ,, check out the ones made by the company "smooth on" they have been a great help for me in doing helmets

Search on youtube for my user name "TimAllen27" I have 2 somewhat decent tutorials on there that shows how to make a mold and cast from the same mold.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back