Question How to get rid of new member notice? (answered)

Mr Pheer

How do I make this new member notice go way?

AS A NEW MEMBER,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL OR ADVERTISE ANYTHING ON THE RPF

All buying and selling takes place exclusively in the Junkyard forum.
As a new member you can buy, but cannot sell until you have been a member for 45 days and have at least 20 posts, at which time, your account will be automatically upgraded (within 24 hours) with the ability to create threads in the Junkyard forum and this message will be removed. NOTE: Junkyard posts do not count toward your post count total.

Please do not spam the forum with short or duplicate posts to reach the 20 post minimum, if you do, your account will be subject to termination.

All buying and selling takes place exclusively in the Junkyard.

As a new member you are allowed to BUY items in the Junkyard. Please use the following methods to make a purchase.

1) Make a post in the New Member Want to Buy Thread. This thread is stuck at the top of the Junkyard forum. Do not post in another member's WTB thread for any reason until you are able to sell.

2) Post a reply in a member's sales related thread (FS, FS/T, INT, FA, NP, Free).

YOU ARE A NEW MEMBER,
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL OR ADVERTISE ANYTHING ON THE RPF

Ok, I get it... especially after seeing it 50 -60 times now. Is there some setting to make it disappear?

If you can there is an x to close it in the top right of the message. If not you may just have to wait until the new member period for you finishes.

"As a new member you can buy, but cannot sell until you have been a member for 45 days and have at least 20 posts.."

i assume we need to post 20 msgs and wait 45 days until we become just members

anyway, it doesn't bother me really its just 1 more scroll with the mouse i guess :)

Think of it like the FBI notice they make you look at each time you watch a video....I know it's a legal thing but ,my God, is there anyone who can honestly say they've never seen it at least 1000 times? Sheeesh!!! My eyes hurt!!!!!!! At least this one is temporary...I hope. P.S. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING ANYTHING!!! Tee hee hee....especially if it's bootlegged!

I don't want to sell anything :lol

I'm here to learn. I've been building and flying r/c aircraft for 28 years and have always been interested in scifi. Then I notice people on the Internet building star wars and halo armor... Then I discovered that most of this stuff is built using similar materials and techniques that I've been using for years building jets.

I see how techniques like pepakura could be used to prototype aircraft parts, and I see how a lot of the fiberglass and foam-building techniques used in building aircraft parts could be applied to building helmets and armor.

I ultimately want to build war machine armor, but decided to start off with a master chief helmet since the sizing on that doesn't seem to be as critical. I have half of it cut out already, have been enjoying it so far. Pretty excited about getting it folded up and starting on the bondo & fiberglassing.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back