Flight of the Navigator Trimaxion Drone Ship

I've been wanting to have a model of this wonderful sculpture. Ever since I was a young boy, I would watch this film with my father, it is one that we both enjoy to this day.

I'd like to ask if anybody has a method for me to acquire a casting of a model that I can display in my home.

Thanks for reading!

View attachment 982047
Here's one rendition of the trimaxion drone ship. It still needs some shell tweaking so it matches the original model. I still think it looks unique.

Trimaxion.png

I loved this thread. December 2021 I started to read this thread because I was trying to find a 3d model of the ship. I ended up just watching the movie a lot, taking screenshots and redid the ship completely. I needed to redo the ship as I was doing it Playmobil size or 1:24 size and I ended up also doing the interior. The interior have removable wall panels for the alien section, and have a flat and outside, chair, engines and control arms. I also have Max that is able to move on a rail system. The door is removable and stairs can also be added. I will have a bigger post when I have time and will be sharing all of the 3d models.
IMG_8509.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG
IMG_8506.JPG
IMG_8508.JPG

I loved this thread. December 2021 I started to read this thread because I was trying to find a 3d model of the ship. I ended up just watching the movie a lot, taking screenshots and redid the ship completely. I needed to redo the ship as I was doing it Playmobil size or 1:24 size and I ended up also doing the interior. The interior have removable wall panels for the alien section, and have a flat and outside, chair, engines and control arms. I also have Max that is able to move on a rail system. The door is removable and stairs can also be added. I will have a bigger post when I have time and will be sharing all of the 3d models.View attachment 1642019View attachment 1642020View attachment 1642021View attachment 1642022

That's amazing. So cleverly done.
I love that you made it for playmobil. Thanks for posting!

View attachment 1514529

Download the STL for printing here:
STL Droneship_1stclass_v1.zip

Shapeways link here that will be the same scale as before. Works out a little more expensive, though it's coming in at a respectible 6 inches long.
Shapeways link
Cool thread. Always loved this design for a spaceship.

Love the attention to detail put into getting the 3D models correct and I appreciate that you make them available.

Just wanted to alert you that the download link no longer works.

This thread is simply incredible. I'm sure I imagined back in the day how cool it would be to make something like the 3 droid from Silent Running, (to give a hint what back in the day means to me). But I had to settle with taking old models with missing parts and cutting, molding, sanding and gluing together what would look like....... junk. To see a snap shot of a on-line community that starts with an impossible request of the me 50 years ago makes me smile like a kid again.

Cool thread. Always loved this design for a spaceship.

Love the attention to detail put into getting the 3D models correct and I appreciate that you make them available.

Just wanted to alert you that the download link no longer works.
The second link works, for the speedy version. And that one has a link "by the same seller" that has a working link for the normal version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back