Fantastic Tanned Leather Source for Costuming

TerryMcIntosh

If anyone is in the market for high quality tanned leather for their projects, the best and most reliable source that I've ever found in North America is Quil Ceda Leather, a tannery in the Seattle area that's been in business since the 1930's and, I believe, the last one standing on the entire coast.

I recently purchased a Stargate Sodan Warrior costume that, well, let's just say that the pants would be more than a bit snug on me. They had the exact leather, in color, texture, and thickness, in stock so that I could have new pants made for it, as well as just what was needed to have made a new belt as well. It's impossible to distinguish the 'from production' pieces from the new pieces that were made to fit me, except for the production labels inside the originals, the leather quality is so high.

They also sell a fantastic selection of leather scraps in various sizes, colors, and textures, for pennies on the dollar, so they're a great resource for the casual costumer. Everything you need, from dyes, to cutting tools, to leather-specific needles, to patterns, to rivet punchers, are all in stock and the staff is extremely knowledgeable.

Enjoy!

Best,

Terry

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back