Elope Jack Sparrow Compass Toy 2023

DrMcoy

Sr Member
I'm a fan of this franchise and have collected several toys and prop replicas of Jack's compass. But as the last movie was 5 or 6 years ago, I didn't expect to see any new merchandise, so I was surprised to see this pop up. It's by a company called Elope and is available from halloween stores and ebay for about $25. It's a pretty decent toy and seems rugged enough for cosplay.

It's a little larger than the actual prop but some of the details are more accurate than most other toys I've seen, especially the clasp and the ring on back that holds the leather strap – although the clasp is not mechanical but simply swivels slightly due to the "hinge" being very thin plastic that I imagine is susceptible to breaking if you bent it too far or too many times.

The other oddity is this is a REAL compass and has a red/silver metal indicator that points north. Not sure why they built this into the toy as it was not on the actual screen-used compass, and the dial beneath does not rotate to point to what your heart desires most (as it did in the movies). The trident is also not positioned properly -- god knows why as it would seem easy enough to make it correct.

Unlike the Disney Store toy compass from years ago, this Elope compass would be challenging to accurize, but I imagine it could be made to look more screen accurate if you wanted to. I'm keeping mine as is for my collection as I already own several other more accurate prop replicas.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 110
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 95
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    731.4 KB · Views: 92
  • unnamed-5.jpg
    unnamed-5.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 99
  • unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 101
  • unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 103
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
This is a chonky boy! I wouldn't have guessed I'd see any new merchandise made, but this could be a great start for any new jacks out there. Some simple weathering and you're off! I have seen some more SA compasses floating around here, but this is a great inexpensive start.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back