Earl Hays Press selling off found props

It appears at least some of the EHP items were auctioned off yesterday by Piece of the Past? Per the item description for many of the items in question they would come with a COA from EHP.

Here is a link to the auction results.

That's... disturbing. If those items really are from Earl Hayes... and production made, I would have expected much more press, and much better prices. I mean, someone would have made out like a bandit buying these. Gray's Sports Almanac selling for $2,600? If real, I'd expect almost 10 times that!

I have questions. Are those all actually production made from EHP, or are they later prints? Or... worse? Are the ones said to be screen used, actually screen used?

Last edited:
I can tell you the "LWYRUP" license plate from 'Better Call Saul' that sold in that auction isn't screen used, doesn't even have the registration tag on it

I would guess they're surplus copies made at the time of production. The stuff you can buy directly on their site are new items made from the original printing plates, so maybe there's some of that kind of thing in there, too. I imagine the descriptions in each individual auction clarify, but one has to register on the site to read them, and that's the point where I stopped caring. ;)

That's... disturbing. If those items really are from Earl Hayes... and production made, I would have expected much more press, and much better prices. I mean, someone would have made out like a bandit buying these. Gray's Sports Almanac selling for $2,600? If real, I'd expect almost 10 times that!

I have questions. Are those all actually production made from EHP, or are they later prints? Or... worse? Are the ones said to be screen used, actually screen used?
The Sports Almanac was a cover only. While the Oh La La didn't state it, it probably also only is a cover.

The Sports Almanac was a cover only. While the Oh La La didn't state it, it probably also only is a cover.
That all seems likely, though the descriptions and photographs are quite... lacking. I'd expect an item that is expected to sell for even a few hundred dollars to be better described.

Looking at how many items failed to reach the low estimate is telling. Either the bidders didn't trust the descriptions, or they didn't trust the company selling them.

I posted this in the original EH thread, but it seems to fit here as well.
I sent this to the auction company to show they mis-identifed the John Wayne HONDO poster, that was not from the 1953 classic film, but from the later 1967 Ralph Taeger starred TV series. Ignored and never corrected. It sold for $450.

HONDO TV.PNG

Picked up a few of their Star Trek items through eBay sales following the first Pieces of the Past auction.

A nice addition for some rare print items -- uncommon red capsule labels from The Next Generation and a page of Enterprise-E stationary from Star Trek: Insurrection.

ZF1fNQb.jpg

1YxZhSz.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back