custom skull for a costume

jc2261995

this is my first thread, and i have wanted to make something for a while so i started to create a character. i did a concept of the skull (that took about a day or two), then i made a cast of my head and that's where i'm up to so far.

Last edited:
finished putting the 2 pieces of the head together. so next thing is to pack a centimeter of paper, clingfilm then clay sculpt the helmet :)

Last edited:
i finished sculpting the clay, but had some problems.
if your doing your own, make sure you use good clingfilm!

it gets quite stressful in parts but don't be put off.
i will post pictures tomorrow, when its dried :)

Its looking good. However I am no expert so can't help you much. But maybe you want to put more info for someone to help you, like what type of clay you are using, how long have you left it dry, just a bit more info.
Hope it works out

You are you using air dry clay?

I am not an expert, but I have had some bad experiences with air dry clay so I use oil based clay now.

Here is what I have read since then.
You have to spray it with water and cover it with a wet towel or plastic bag; maybe both? That will hold the moister in.
When you are done sculpting, spray the sculpt with a crystal clear coat of spray paint to seal it. Then you can mold and cast it so you can mold it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back