Cheap BatSuit idea

KonWo20

Hello everyone,

I had an idea for a cheap batsuit and was hoping to tap into the collective knowledge of this forum to improve on it.

Basic idea;
take a cheap halloween muscle chest made from EVA foam (like this )
962344-3b3364c10fe297bd3fe8ddbe1c9afa34.jpg

and use it under some thermo underwear shirt in a similiar to how the DOJ batsuit had a muscle undersuit.

Here is a pic I took after roughlty putting the muscle chest and the shirt on and fixating it temporalily with double sided tape (obviously not correctly aligned). Tape on the backside to stick to my undershirt, some more tape on the front of the muscle pieve to stick to the grey shirt on top:
962345-ada196953e6165a52efadf1c1b7626a9.jpg

some thougts / questions:
the eva foam piece is a bit wide for me, maybe i need to cut of a bit on the sides. I also might need to cut the Chest, abs into 2 pieces to improve movability. I think there will be more freedom of movement when they are seperate.

i should probably file off / cut off the nipples.

The foam is very flimsy. has an overall thickness of maybe 3mm and the Chest and Abs are (I suppose) molded into shape with heat. This means you can press into the chest and easily deform it. It will also deform when moving around. Maybe there is a way to make it more stable?

The foam will shape up the chest and abs if everything works, but I would still need to pad the arms, shoulders etc. I was thinking putting in foam in a similar way to how shirts in the 80s had foam shoulder pads (of course not on top of the shoulders put on the sides / deltoids). Same with padding for the arms Any other ways to go about this?

The shirt has a really big head opening (collar?). Not sure if it can be covered with the cape. Maybe I need to get a different shirt. Or is it possible to make this opening smaller?

Taking the idea into a different direction:
spray the foam with black plasti dip and use it as a vest in a more Batman 89 style. Not sure if this would work.

Edit: additional question:
what to use to glue shirt and foam muscle together?

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_172809~2.jpg
    IMG_20200701_172809~2.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20200701_172012.jpg
    IMG_20200701_172012.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 201
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back