BSG Cylon Raider lighting?

DarthVador

Hello everyone,

I hope someone here can help me with this.

I need help finding a complete wired up and lighting kit for a BSG Cylon Raider 1/32 scale model,I am newbie and am no good at wiring and soldering or being any good around electronics so I need to find a complete wired up and lighting kit that all I will have to do is just glue and mount them in place and I am good to go..

Does anyone know who makes these kits for the BSG Cylon Raider 1/32 kit?I know trekmodlers makes them for the USS Enterprise but nothing for the BSG model kits..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank You
ranger1033

After much research on the internet I wired mine from scratch. It can be done. I am planning on posting pics tomorrow if I can.

After much research on the internet I wired mine from scratch. It can be done. I am planning on posting pics tomorrow if I can.

Yeah I have no knowledge my self in to lighting so that was one of the reasons I was looking for a pre wired setup,If for any reason I can not find one I may have to see if I can find a video on how to do the wiring as I have absolutely no experience in wiring or electrical..

If you are talking about the VoodooFX kit, I would guess it is NOT wired based on the descriptions of some of their other kits.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

If you are talking about the VoodooFX kit, I would guess it is NOT wired based on the descriptions of some of their other kits.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Yeah I just read read it and it does look like you have to have some knowledge of wiring and soldering,well I guess I keep looking to see what I can come up with.

i was were you are with electronics, i just said screw it and went in for the kill. lighting a USS Reliant kit right now with a light kit. at first my solder connects were ugly and huge, buy the end i was getting pretty good. it was actually fun to learn it, will make the finished product that much more mine.

i was were you are with electronics, i just said screw it and went in for the kill. lighting a USS Reliant kit right now with a light kit. at first my solder connects were ugly and huge, buy the end i was getting pretty good. it was actually fun to learn it, will make the finished product that much more mine.

Yeah I will have to invest in a soldering iron and what ever else I would need to get started,do you have any suggestions on what I need to get for doing wiring on a model kit?,I know I need the soldering iron but not sure what type of solder I would need..

not much, just a soldering iron, some electrical solder, heat shrink tubes... thats pretty much all i have and all i use. a 9v battery is nice to test connections before i solder. dont need a ton of money, a plain soldering iron is good enough, its not rebuilding a mother board after all.

not much, just a soldering iron, some electrical solder, heat shrink tubes... thats pretty much all i have and all i use. a 9v battery is nice to test connections before i solder. dont need a ton of money, a plain soldering iron is good enough, its not rebuilding a mother board after all.

Ok I will look into getting the stuff you mentioned to get me started,Thank You so much for your help and recommendations..

If you are going to use LEDs, make sure you research the power needs. I had mine hooked up for 2 AA batteries but had not connected them yet. My son being helpful connected them to a 9V and burned them out. I had already glued the top and bottom together. I wound up cutting a hole in the bottom and ripping everything out and starting over. There is lots of videos on you tube about basic lighting and soldering. It looks complicated at first, but it is not bad. Good luck.

You know, you can always go on amazon and get a prewired set of LED Christmas lights for about six bucks. They are foolproof and the Moebius Cylon has ample room for the battery box for most if not all of these that are available. On many of them you can just cut the lights you won't be using off the chain without disrupting the wiring for the remaining ones. I've used them for many projects and it doesn't get any easier...no soldering or worrying about overloading LEDs involved...

Kind of a necro post but I'm planning to build the 1:32 Raider soon. I wanted to ask this, from all the photos of the studio model I have seen several different lighting styles. Engines on all shots. The amber lights on the front on about half the shots and for "special" shots, two nav lights on the bottom side of the intake about 1/4 way from the front; this being the one I want to do. Since lighting kits are still not ready for this model are there any good sources for basic lighting builds? I have used a soldering gun once about twenty years ago and burned my hand lol...

Hi Darth Vador, I could hand build a plug & play kit if you like, I have done a few for other clients... Contact me by email if your interested fxshop@yahoo.com or just give me a call... Randy
Cylon Raider 2014 A.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back