Blade Runner style PKD shoulder holster

LimeyBuilds

Decided to try some leathercraft and made a Blade Runner style shoulder holster for the PKD Blaster.
Never worked with leather before and there are things I would change next time but I think it turned out ok!
Incorporated the detailing of Deckard's holster (same manufacturer maybe).

Full album: Facebook
z (14).jpg
z (7).jpg
P8.jpg
z (5).jpg
z (2).jpg

Attachments

• z (11)c1.jpg
    z (11)c1.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 72
Great rig, love all the additions. Your leatherwork is top notch for being first time.
Is there a spring clip in your holster, or is the stitching cosmetic?

I read that the spring in the original Safariland 1001 that was actually adapted for the film is so strong it can bend or break the sighting rod depending on whether it’s metal or plastic/resin and wears the finish with use.

So I got a Safariland 101 shoulder holster for a larger revolver and cut it down, moved the strap to give a secure
hold on my blaster and cut in two belt slots.

If you are interested in having a go at doing a conversion from a Safariland you’ll find a couple of 101s on eBay atm, I’m sure you’d do a better job than mine, judging by what you’ve done.

Thanks for sharing your very nice work

Attachments

• IMG_7695.jpeg
    IMG_7695.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7620.jpeg
    IMG_7620.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9498.jpeg
    IMG_9498.jpeg
    762.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9499.jpeg
    IMG_9499.jpeg
    792.4 KB · Views: 59
Great rig, love all the additions. Your leatherwork is top notch for being first time.
Is there a spring clip in your holster, or is the stitching cosmetic?

I read that the spring in the original Safariland 1001 that was actually adapted for the film is so strong it can bend or break the sighting rod depending on whether it’s metal or plastic/resin and wears the finish with use.

So I got a Safariland 101 shoulder holster for a larger revolver and cut it down, moved the strap to give a secure
hold on my blaster and cut in two belt slots.

If you are interested in having a go at doing a conversion from a Safariland you’ll find a couple of 101s on eBay atm, I’m sure you’d do a better job than mine, judging by what you’ve done.

Thanks for sharing your very nice work
Oh cool! There's no spring in mine it's just a pancake style. slides into a shaped-to-fit pocket with rear clasp just in case it tries to escape. The one I actually have inside the holster is my 'stunt' version - only the handle was cleaned up, the rest is rough so damage isn't a worry.

Oh cool! There's no spring in mine it's just a pancake style. slides into a shaped-to-fit pocket with rear clasp just in case it tries to escape. The one I actually have inside the holster is my 'stunt' version - only the handle was cleaned up, the rest is rough so damage isn't a worry.
Ah ok, yep I wet moulded the Safari holster for mine but have the strap for security given the weight of the Tomen I have.
But I use it mainly for a police edition stunt version I made from the water pistol version, filled it with lead and epoxy and added real metal screws and non functioning leds.
Cheers and look forward to seeing your next posts.

Attachments

• IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8584.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8583.jpeg
    IMG_8583.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 51

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back