Asst. Supt. Aaron costume (Alien 3)

The keychain:

We see that Mr. Aaron wears a locking carabiner on his belt, with an attached chain. This apparently was for keys which are never seen in the film. But the carabiner and chain are seen a few times.

Does anyone know what carabiner was used, and maybe also some detail on the chain? I have some carabiners picked out for possible purchase but have not done so yet.

I also have a chain and key rings but I think the style of the chain is wrong.

View attachment 1562883

I plan to make some “futuristic” keys for the chain, which ride in the pocket. But I’d like to get the chain and carabiner right, or, as close as possible at least.

Any help is appreciated!
Hi, I used this carabiner for my build. Was the closest I found when I looked a good while back. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• 20221004_180653.jpg
    20221004_180653.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 74
Looks similar to what I ended up with.

Mine's steel actually. I doubt he had a steel one but that looked closer than others I found.

Last edited:
Picked up my jacket yesterday. Not an exact replica because it’s clear the actor wore a smaller size than the XL that I have.

768C2453-E48F-4688-A886-C90804FE7018.jpeg
5A7BF5A9-24B0-4F34-98B9-080E07BA39FE.jpeg

Spacing is slightly off from screen used, because the field between pocket and button above is wider on this jacket.

0ACD8CFB-B16C-446F-A778-AEB7A9E6D52C.jpeg

Deliberately set this patch “off” the seam as the screen used jacket was.

2B4AC8CE-17AE-47E2-8040-71D449ADC070.jpeg

Overall, I think it’s pretty convincing. Patches are weathered a bit more than these bright light pictures would lead one to believe… I also have some “close” pants but am not planning to invest in the 20-eye boots at this time. I have all the other elements of the outfit.

Picked up my jacket yesterday. Not an exact replica because it’s clear the actor wore a smaller size than the XL that I have.

View attachment 1625813View attachment 1625814
Spacing is slightly off from screen used, because the field between pocket and button above is wider on this jacket.

View attachment 1625815
Deliberately set this patch “off” the seam as the screen used jacket was.

View attachment 1625816

Overall, I think it’s pretty convincing. Patches are weathered a bit more than these bright light pictures would lead one to believe… I also have some “close” pants but am not planning to invest in the 20-eye boots at this time. I have all the other elements of the outfit.
Looking really good, it's coming together now!

Hi, making my own version of this (going for the Ripley variant) and have a vintage jacket on order. Was wondering how you went about removing the fur lining from the jacket before I try and mess it up by mistake? Cheers!

Hi, making my own version of this (going for the Ripley variant) and have a vintage jacket on order. Was wondering how you went about removing the fur lining from the jacket before I try and mess it up by mistake? Cheers!
Hi, your only removing the fur trim from edge of hood.
Hi, The fur around the edge of the hood unpicks pretty easily. You will see when your jacket arrives where it is attatched, just use a thread ripper tool and go carefully.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back