Any 3-2-1 Contact! TV fans out there?

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All right kids of the 1970s and 1980s, if you ever watched PBS in the afternoons then I am SURE you remember the catchy 3-2-1 Contact intro. Stuck in the depths of your mind, the perfect blend of 70s orchestral music synched to 80s optimism. Reminds me of Disney/EPCOT in the early days, and the gut-punch that was TESB.

Time is a cruel mistress.... the young people of the show would be in their 60s and 70s today.

I cane across this video, of how they recorded the into/theme song. Memberries FTW!

Last edited:
I totally forgot about that one! The song started in my head when I read the title! I can't remember how much I watched it, because I remember watching Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, and The Electric Company more.

Aw man--Secret City!! I was majoring in Graphic Design in college at that time (around '85 or 86?). It would come on in the morning and I would just get stoned out of my mind and watch it....Then go to class thinking of Zebtron! I loved that show! Sometimes I think I learned more from that show than I did in class!

Oh yeah I do! I was always confused as a kid (I would have been 4yo in 81) because I would get excited thinking the Luke actor was going to be on Sesame Street or whatever and it would turn out to be Scott Hamilton (figure skater). :lol:

It would have been a bit after my time, but my brother is ten years my junior, so I saw a lot of it with him. Always thought it was cleverly done.

"The story you're about to see is a fib, but it's short."

SSB

It would have been a bit after my time, but my brother is ten years my junior, so I saw a lot of it with him. Always thought it was cleverly done.

"The story you're about to see is a fib, but it's short."

SSB

That sounds like Mathnet, a parody of Dragnet with a math theme, which was a segment of Square One TV. One of my favorite PBS shows back in the day.

That sounds like Mathnet, a parody of Dragnet with a math theme, which was a segment of Square One TV. One of my favorite PBS shows back in the day.
Yes -- you're right, now that I think of it. That was pretty well done too. I think they must have been airing around the same era -- I saw them both, but I was no longer in the target audience by that point.

SSB

There was a 1970s kid show that showed a kid in a horror movie at a cinema…he ran out, only to see a man in a movie seat with a scar.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back